facebook

Is the HTML Visual Editor compatible with XHTML?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Euyi

I need visual editor of XHTML based on eclipse. As I see, the FCKeditor is compatible with XHTML 1.0. And the WYSIWYG HTML editor of MyEclipse is based on FCKeditor. Is it compatible with XHTML as FCKeditor?

#233142 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Our new editor is a complete new design, on par with Dreamweaver. It will initially not support XHTML but we will address that soon enough.

#233146 Reply

Euyi

Thank you for your response! But when I open the plugin of “com.genuitec.eclipse.webdesigner_3.9.210”, I get the folder of fck. And when I insert a form field into my HTML page in design mode, it works as FCKeditor. FCKeditor supports XHTML 1.0. So I think WYSIWYG HTML editor of MyEclipse could be also compatible with XHTML. I can not understand “Our new editor is a complete new design”.

#233156 Reply

Riyad Kalla

“Our new editor is a complete new design”

It will be included in 4.0 Milestone 3

#234244 Reply

Euyi

FCKeditor 2.0 has been released! And the new toolbar command, “Document Properties” is available to edit document header info, title, colors, background, etc… But the FCKeditor in MyEclipse Visual HTML Designer is 1.6. Could you tell me when the edition of FCKeditor in MyEclipse will be updated?

#234245 Reply

Riyad Kalla

It won’t be, the designer comming in M3 is completely new and offers a whole slew of new functionality.

#234335 Reply

Euyi

Do you mean MyEclipse will abandon FCKEditor in M3? You know, FCKEditor is the sixth most active project in SourceForge now. Where can I get more information about the completely new designer of MyEclipse M3? Thank you!

#234338 Reply

Riyad Kalla

FCK is a fanastic project, but it doesn’t suite our needs or give us the power we need to implement a truely flexible designer to support HTML, JSP, Struts, JSF and more. Our new designer does all this and was a huge undertaking. Imagine split-screen designing a la Dreamweaver with drag and drop support for all the languages I just mentioned, that’s what it will be like.

#234354 Reply

Euyi

@support-rkalla wrote:

Imagine split-screen designing a la Dreamweaver with drag and drop support for all the languages I just mentioned, that’s what it will be like.

It’s so cool! Just waiting:)
    The roadmap manifests that MyEclipse 4.0 final will be released in late August. Could you tell me that MyEclipse M3 is the MyEclipse 4.0 final?

#234367 Reply

Riyad Kalla

M3 should be out in a week or so (I know I said that last week, but some things slipped) then we want to do atleast one or two RCs before final. But we a *REALLY* pushing hard for 4.0 final by EOM.

#234376 Reply

Euyi

http://www.myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-66.html#wd2
    I got it 🙂

I am very interested in SSE (com.ibm.sse.model.* & com.ibm.sse.editor.*). Could you tell me where I can get more information about SSE? Thank you!

#234377 Reply

Riyad Kalla

AFAIK SSE is part of the WTP framework developed by the Eclipse foundation, take a look here: http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/

#234584 Reply

Euyi

Could you tell me when MyEclipse 4.0 M3 will be released? Please tell me the exact time. I can not wait any more to enjoy it.

#235029 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

It’s available *right now* in the downloads section or from the update site.
    Here’s a link to the New & Noteworthy section so you know what to expect:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-66.html

#237155 Reply

Euyi

I can not resize the form fields in the design mode of MyEclipse HTML Designer. Why?

Eclipse
    Version: 3.1.0
    Build id: I20050627-1435
    MyEclipse
    Version: 4.0.0
    Build id: 20050829-4.0.0-GA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Is the HTML Visual Editor compatible with XHTML?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in