facebook

Issue with Copilot4Eclipse Plugin – 404 Not Found Error

1. Copilot4Eclipse – GitHub Copilot on Eclipse
  2.  > 
  3. General Discussion
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dsoles
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’ve encountered an issue with the Copilot4Eclipse plugin and I’m hoping to find some assistance here. The plugin has been functioning well with Eclipse IDE 2024-06 autocomplete, but I ran into a problem when attempting to open the chat panel. Instead of loading, it presents me with a 404 Not Found error, specifically pointing to org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.DefaultServlet-22af985c.

Currently, I am using a Tailscale network which is like a VPN between my PC and the office that could be causing this issue in my opinion. To help with troubleshooting, here are the details of my setup:

– Operating System: Windows 11 Pro (x86_64)
    – Eclipse Version: 2024-06 for Java Developers (328 MB)
    – Copilot4Eclipse Plugin Version: 1.2.1.202406240349

Has anyone else experienced this or a similar issue? Any guidance on resolving this error would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and support!

Best regards,
    David Soles

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #702176 Reply

dsoles
    Participant

Forget it, I managed to get it working.
    For some strange reason, Microsoft Defender is blocking Copilot4Eclipse Chat Panel from running. But, after creating an exclusion for the Eclipse IDE folder inside Microsoft Defender everything works great.

Thanks.

#702193 Reply

wayne

Thx for following up with Defender info.

FYI: this forum is effectively closed and we are moving to https://github.com/Genuitec/Copilot4Eclipse-community/discussions. I copied this topic over to help others that may experience this issue in the future.

Wayne

#702253 Reply

Dakotapilcher
    Participant

Hi David,

You’re encountering a network-related issue with the Copilot4Eclipse plugin, especially with the 404 error pointing to the Jetty servlet. Given that you’re using Tailscale, it could be interfering with network routing or DNS resolution, which may be causing issues with accessing the chat panel in Eclipse. One possible troubleshooting step would be temporarily disconnecting from Tailscale and seeing if the plugin works properly. Additionally, you could try whitelisting Eclipse within your Tailscale network settings or checking if any firewall rules are blocking access. Verifying your Eclipse network configurations or proxy settings might also help. Hopefully, this helps narrow down the cause of the issue!

#702254 Reply

wayne

@dakotapilcher thanks for assisting with this thread.
    Presently we are retiring this forum and public support is now hosted here: https://github.com/Genuitec/Copilot4Eclipse-community/discussions
    Would you please repost your response to this active thread: https://github.com/Genuitec/Copilot4Eclipse-community/discussions/7

W

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Issue with Copilot4Eclipse Plugin – 404 Not Found Error

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in