facebook

J2EE Library Sets

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

vagamond

Hi Everybody,

I have just two question:

1) we usually develop under Bea Weblogic 8.1.
    I noticed that the J2EE Library Sets contains many JBoss-related libraries.
    I would like to know how to change this settings in order to make it
    as focused as possible on Bea Weblogic Libraries

2) Is there any simple way to change the automated copy of .jars/.zips
    for easystruts (and so on) from www-inf/lib to %project_dir%/lib

Thanks and Regards

#227103 Reply

Riyad Kalla

1) Remove our Library Set, create your own new “User Library” and all all the libs you need to it then add that library to your build path. BE SURE to turn off deployment of User Libraries though, as you don’t want these deployed with your app to the app server (since it already provides them).

2) I don’t understand this question, do you mean you want to change the default location for added libraries from WEB-INF/lib to your own custom location? If that is what you meant, no there is no way to do this currently.

#227855 Reply

nsowatsk

I have noted the same thing, and the answer is under preferences for J2EE Project->Library Sets->J2EE 1.3/4.

I also have a little more to add. It seems that we can define various application servers for launch purposes, and that MyEclipse (more or less) will then be able to launch those servers (finding the appropriate bootstraps, class paths and jars etc.)

With this knowledge, it would seem to make sense that, when we create J2EE projects, we should be able to choose which library set (derived from the servers that we have configured) that we want to support for that project. We could then expect an automatic build.xml to be created which defined variables for the appropriate J2EE jars for those servers.

It seems odd that we can configure multiple J2EE servers for startup, but only have one set of libraries for a J2EE project.

Thanks

Nathan

#227861 Reply

Riyad Kalla

It seems odd that we can configure multiple J2EE servers for startup, but only have one set of libraries for a J2EE project.

J2EE is a spec, technically there *should not* be any difference between any of the servers as far as libraries are concerned. Naturall we chose to ship the JBoss libraries since they are certified and open source.

Additionally, our deployment/launch tool do more than Ant can handle, so there is currently no 1:1 mapping between MyEclipse to Ant. We originally looked at using Ant when we designed these tools.

That does not rule out the possibility of us adding this later in a post 5.0 release.

#227872 Reply

nsowatsk

OK. Thanks for the reply.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: J2EE Library Sets

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in