facebook

Jar extension missing in Lunix Tomcat deployment

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

When I deploy a J2EE app to Tomcat, my dependent projects are being dployed, but the files are missing the .jar extension. Tomcat then ignores the files, and I get NoClassDefFound exceptions. I cna manually rename the file, but I have to do it after each deployment.

I’m running:
    SUSE LINUX 9.2 (kernel 2.6.8)
    Eclipse Version: 3.0.1 Build id: 200409161125
    – freshly installed for MyEclipse
    – no other external plugins
    – 8 org.eclipse.pde plugins
    MyEclipse Version: 3.8.3 Build id: 200412061200-3.8.3
    JDK 1.4.2_05

Thanks,
    Chase

#222614 Reply

Riyad Kalla

=/

I’ve never heard/seen this problem before. Can you explain in more detail what your project setup is, how you are deploying it and what the deployed result looks like? Basically give us enough info to setup exactly the same thing here on our Linux machines so we can test to see what might be happening.

Also check your log file for exceptions: (workspace dir)\.metadata\.log

#222618 Reply

I have two projects. Project A is a Java project. Project B is a Java project converted to a Web project via Add Web project capabilities. Project B references Project A.

For deployment, I have a Tomcat 5 ap server set up in MyEclipse preferences, and I deploy using the Manage Deployments window.

When I deploy Project B, everything works correctly except that I get Project B/WEB-INF/lib/ProjectA instead of Project B/WEB-INF/lib/ProjectA.jar. I can manually rename the file, and everything works.

#222622 Reply

I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling MyEclipse as well as deleting the project and recreating it from scratch, and I’m seeing the same behavior.

The deployment is “exploded” type, and turning on “smart deployment” works okay. My referenced project is deployed as class files to the WEB-INF/classes directory.

#222635 Reply

Riyad Kalla

ChaserZ,
    I tried to reproduce this locally and ask another developer to try and reproduce this on our Eclipse-certified test Linux box and we could not reproduce the problem. We tried a few differences like converting a Java project to the web project, or just creating a new web project right away, etc. and we couldn’t get it to break.

Out of curiosity, what exactly are your project names? WE added this new feature for people using unorthodox archive names (like JBoss, SAR and RAR files) where the name of the project will be used as the archive name if it contains an extension.. I wonder if that is what is going on here?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Jar extension missing in Lunix Tomcat deployment

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in