facebook

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/el/ExpressionFactory

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kent

I get the following error when Using the Myeclipse Deployer to Tomcat 5.5.4. When I do a build with Ant everything is fine. I am using an external localhost Tomcat 5.5.4 server with the MyEclipse Tomcat 5.x server.
    Nov 19, 2007 2:39:14 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
    SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/el/ExpressionFactory
    The only reference I can find to ExpressionFactory is in jasperreports-1.2.1.jar

#278769 Reply

Loyal Water

This looks like you’re missing the el-api.jar and/or el-ri.api jars that Facelets requires. What version of MyEclipse are you working with ?

I am using an external localhost Tomcat 5.5.4 server with the MyEclipse Tomcat 5.x server.

You mean you are using the Tomcat 5.x connector under Windows > prefs > MyEclipse > Servers > Tomcat ?

Are you able to start the server without issues ?

#278794 Reply

Kent

MyEclipse is –
    Version: 6.0.1 GA
    Build id: 6.0.1-GA-200710

We are using struts. Should not need anything for Facelets, or JSF related. When doing a search on ExpressionFactory in MyEclipse it only returns: jasperreports-1.2.1.jar . I do not get this error if I use my and build and deploy to the same Tomcat server.

The Tomcat 5.x server was defined to MyEclipse by selecting window:Preferences:MyEclipse:Servers:Tomcat:Tomcat5.x

I am not able to start the server without issues if I use the MyEclipse deployer. I get the error message originally described (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/el/ExpressionFactory), and the application is not reachable via a browser.

#278801 Reply

Loyal Water

I think there is a problem with the way the connector has been setup. Please make sure your connector looks like this:-
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/tomcat-5-what-does-a-configured-connector-look-like/

Next, try starting the server from within MyEclipse without deploying any of your applications. Are you able to start the server successfully ?

If not, please paste the entire stack trace here for me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/el/ExpressionFactory

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in