facebook

javadoc visualisation

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I work with Eclipse 3.0.1 and MyEclipse 3.8.4 . When I edit source files I can’t see the Javadoc of a class when I highlight a word ( a class name, for example String) or when I use the code completion . I just have a popup with the path of the Class and “Press F2 for focus” ( nothing append when I press F2 ! ) . It is not easy to work without this help.

I think to a configuration issue but I don’t find anything about that .

Could you help me ?

Thanks

#230088 Reply

Riyad Kalla

You need to attach the source code of the libraries you want Javadoc for, this is the same for any library you use in Eclipse, this isn’t a specific MyEclipse issue.

#230092 Reply

Thank you for your response and sorry for my question but I begin with Eclipse .
    When you wrote :
    @support-rkalla wrote:

…. attach the source code of the libraries …

Do you mean “Add library” in the project Java build Path ?

thanks

#230093 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Do you mean “Add library” in the project Java build Path ?

No, if you navigate to your Java Build Path > Libraries tab, click the “+” next to one of your JARs, notice how there are two slots? 1 for Javadoc and 1 for Source. You can attach one or the other or both and this will give you the javadoc popup you want.

#230124 Reply

Ok I am beginning to understand !

So , now I have a more precise question :
    When I create a new J2EE Web project , by default this library is attached to the project :

J2EE 1.4 Library Container

containing some jar files . For Example :
    javax.servlet.jar-c:\ProgramFiles\Myeclipse\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core_3.8.4\data\Libraryset\1.4

In Java Build Path > Libraries tab, when I click the “+” this JAR , I can see that no location was defined for javadoc .

What is the better way for me to get the javadoc for this package ?
    – I have an archive file somewhere in Myeclipse installation directory containing all the javadoc for j2ee packages ?
    – I need to download file from Myeclipseide site or Sun site ?
    – I give an URL as javadoc location ? Which one ?

Thanks

#230131 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Atmel,
    Admitedly we *should* ship the sources and Javadoc, we haven’t before in teh interest of keeping the download size of MyEclipse smaller, but we might decide differently in the future.

In the mean time, you will need to go download the source code and Javadoc for JBoss 4, which is what we use for our J2EE 1.4 Library Set.

#230141 Reply

OK thank you

And for STRUTS (1.2) which file do I have to use ?

#230145 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Struts 1.2.4

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: javadoc visualisation

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in