facebook

JSF Visual editor for faces-config.xml not available

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bradm

There are several screenshots of a visual editing mode supposedly available in the last MyEclipse Milestone release, which is a feature I don’t seem to have. They all sport two tabs at the lower left of the active window, one called “source” and the other “design” (the latter being what I’m after). In my experience, that “source” tab is called “grid”, and offers nothing like what the screenshots purport to.

JDK 1.5.0_04; eclipse3.1RC4 (I confess I can’t figure out what this “grid” view is for….).

#232750 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Brad,

The issue is that when you’re double-clicking your config file Eclipse is opening it with the standard XML editor and not the JSF editor. You should see the design editor if you right-click on your config file in the Package Explorer view and select “Open with…” > MyEclipse JSF editor.

#232765 Reply

Brad,
    What is the file name of your config file? Is that config file a well-formed XML file? Do you see the JSF config editor as an option in the “Open With” menu?

#232782 Reply

bradm

Ahh… didn’t notice the “Open with…” option (maybe this should be mentioned at http://www.myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-66.html?)

When I do open any of my existing faces.config files, though, I always get the same message: “Unable to locate JSF model extension file .faces-config.mex. A new file wil be created to retain graphical layout data between modeling sessions.” Then a blank graphical modeling screen appears.

#232783 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Brad,

You should be seeing that notice when you open a config file for the first time, not for subsequent opens. Do you get this message on repeatedly opening the same config?

If so, can you check the same folder containing your config file to see if the mex file is being actually created? Please check the log file for relevant errors as well.

We recommend you move to Eclipse 3.1Final and ME 4M2 for E3.1, which version of ME are you currently using?

Best,
    Brian.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: JSF Visual editor for faces-config.xml not available

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in