facebook

JSP Designer[closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

girikrishva

The new HTML designer is a great concept for visual J2EE UI development. Is there anyway to have it show up for pages that end with a .jsp. In other words my UI consists of JSP’s and I would like to take advantage of the designer, but by default, the designer is not enabled.

#234716 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Give us one day until Monday morning (GMT -5 definition of “morning”) when 4.0M3 is released and you can install and use a completely new version of our WYSIWYG JSP/Struts/JSF designer that will do what you want. 🙂

#235300 Reply

Rob

Is there a way to dissable the JSP Designer? 🙂

I want to set the default to open JSPs in MyEclipse ‘Classic’ JSP Editor, NOT the JSP Designer.

No offense guys, the concept is great; but, it takes a lot of time to load for those of us who do not need it.

I tried looking through the Window –> Preferences –> MyEclipse, and can not find anything on how to set the default editor. On Most other types of files, simply right-clicking on on the file in the “Navigator View” and selecting an option from “Open With” sets the default open with eiditor. MyEclipse seems to be remembering this preference for the individual file, but not for the file type.

Regards,

Rob.

#235367 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

No offense guys, the concept is great; but, it takes a lot of time to load for those of us who do not need it.

None taken. We know that not everyone uses visual tools, that’s why we continue to include the ‘Classic’ editor in the first place.

You can set it as the default at Window > Preferences > General > Editors > File Associations.

#235452 Reply

Rob

Thanks, that seems to work. The one problem is that any of the files I had previously
    opened with the JSP Designer, continue to be opened with the Designer rather than
    the editor defined in the File Associations. I don’t know if this is by design or is a bug.

#235456 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Once you open them one time with Open With… they’ll use the ‘classic’ editor from then on.

#235700 Reply

rogue_dev

I too prefer the classic editor.

However I cannot remove the designer as it is “locked by MyEcplise JSP Content Type” and the remove button is greyed.

#235888 Reply

rogue_dev

Is there any way to unlock the designer, so I can delete it?

All our JSP pages are manually created. We do not use either the preview (as it only shows a bunch of I18N tags) or GUI page design. The time it takes the desinger to open is a real PITA!

Yes, we can open each one indvidually with “Open with”, but …..

#235898 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Rogue,
    You can just change the default editor for that content type by either editing the Content Types setting under Window > Preferences > General or the Editors > File Associations setting.

#236068 Reply

rogue_dev

@rogue_dev wrote:

I too prefer the classic editor.

However I cannot remove the designer as it is “locked by MyEcplise JSP Content Type” and the remove button is greyed.

#236076 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Correct you cannot remove it, but you can Add the classic editor and make it the default.

#236081 Reply

Greg

To make the ‘Classic’ editor the default editor for html or jsp files do the following:

1. go the the following:Window > Preferences > General > Editor > File Associations
    2. Then scroll down and click on *.jsp
    3. Select the ‘Classic’ Editor and then select the “Default”

This will move the ‘Classic’ editor to the top of the registered editors, so for all jsp files the ‘Classic’ editor will be opened by default.

#236232 Reply

rogue_dev

Yes, that worked.

Sorry about the previous post, I had a case of “finger twitch” and hit the submit button before I read the entire post about setting the default…

Just curious, why is the editor “locked”?

#236238 Reply

Riyad Kalla

So people don’t accidentally go removing our editors and “bork” their install.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: JSP Designer[closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in