facebook

JSP Editor: double-click on <% or %> selects the scrip

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

iimuhin

Hi,

it is very helpful when you double-click a word in a text editor and it will be selected.

it would be also very helpful in JSP editor, if a developer could double click on <% or %> and the whole scriptlet including <% and %> will be selected.

What do you thing about it? This feature will save much time for many jsp-developers.

Thanks

#266187 Reply

Greg

Here are a couple of items that may be of use to you.

1) In the outline view, you can double click a jsp scriptlet node and the entire source for this scriptlet will be selected in the source view
    2) In the design view, you can click the visual scriptlet icon and the corresponding source for the jsp scriptlet will be selected.

I know you are likely asking for support for this in the source editor to double click and get a auto-select, but I just wanted to throw out a couple of alternatives that you may not know about.

#266190 Reply

iimuhin

I really didn’t knew about these possibilities. They are good things. But also I would like to see double-click-selection in jsp editor, because it’s faster and one don’t need to habe Ouline View opened.

#266277 Reply

rogue_dev

I had mentioned this before. The behaviour of the double-click is not consistent with the Java editor.

In the Java editor, double-clicking on a variable will highlight the variable, and only the variable. This includes all charaacters which are valid variable characters, but no characters which are not valid.

In a JSP, double clicking works fine within <% and %>, but does not work consistently within quotes or other JSP elements. In some cases it chooses all the text between quote characters (be they a single quote or a double quote). At other times it picks out text where on one side there is a slash and the other side a period. Then it might pick out alpha characters leaving out underscores. And so on.

It is consistent in each case (Java vs HTML vs JavaScript vs CSS vs JSp directives) but is in-consistent between cases.

It would be really good if at all times it followed the standard Java editor, that is variable name characters only.

Except in special cases that iimuhin mentions, where the mouse cursor is not over a variable name, but over block elements.

#266442 Reply

Greg

Thanks for the feedback guys. Your suggestions have been duely noted.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: JSP Editor: double-click on <% or %> selects the scrip

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in