facebook

JSP-Editor speed [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

czernay

I’m trying to edit a medium-sized JSP(-fragment) with around 350 lines of code. The file is only a fragment and thus missing several essential declarations, so I get many validation-errors. The editor re-validates the whole document as soon as it reaches it’s end. This consumes nearly all CPU-time. I tried to disable valiadation (both, per project and worldwide), but it still runs the validation-process. I also have the problem that the errors aren’t displayed in the “Problems”-pane, although I do have a javac.exe frm JDK 1.5.0_04 in my path.

Any suggestions?

#234930 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

The JSP spec recommends naming fragments with a suffix other than .jsp. Therefore MyEclipse will ignore JSP fragments that have a suffix of .jspf. You can modify this default setting through the MyEclipse JSP Editor preferences. Does this help?

#234936 Reply

czernay

Well, it does help, although I wonder what makes (My)Eclipse revalidate a JSP with a .jsp suffix over and over again? I also had an issue with endless “Updating outline…” processes eating up all CPU-time. And in the end, I really wanted the validation-preferences to work, thus turning validation in preferences off should really turn off validation – not renaming file to .jspf.

#235269 Reply

czernay

Guys – is there any chance that you fix this problem?

#235283 Reply

I was having similar issues. I stumbled accross this post. http://www.myeclipseide.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8532

what I noticed was that I had my own version of GEF installed. It appears MyEclipse provides this and was conflicting. I disabled the GEF plugin and jsp’s open/edit as fast as every. 🙂

#235284 Reply

I disabled the version I installed not anything in myeclipse. (/me should learn how to preview before submitting!)

#235443 Reply

czernay

This issue is still not solved! Why do you close the topic? I need support here! The JSP-editor is unusable right now. It’s always revalidating my JSPs and eats up all CPU-time. There must be fix for this!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: JSP-Editor speed [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in