facebook

JSP editor taglib error [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’ve add a taglib entry to web.xml and then reference in top of JSP file. I’m getting an entry in the Problem window which is more like a stack trace, so think an exception is being thrown on the incremental build.

Here is the trace… sorry it’s obviously not the complete stack but that’s all I can get – nothing appears in the logfile.

67)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:76)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:49)
    at de.bb.bje.eclipse.IncrementalJspBuilder.?(Unknown Source)
    at de.bb.bje.eclipse.IncrementalJspBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:504)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:610)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:521)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:137)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:224)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:165)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:194)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:610)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:521)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:197)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:242)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:270)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:137)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:168)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:62)

My web.xml has this:

<taglib>
    <taglib-uri>portal</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/modules.tld</taglib-location>
    </taglib>

My JSP has this:

<%@taglib uri=”portal” prefix=”mod”%>

Code complete works on the tags defined in the tld but it’s annoying to have that error sitting there…

Alfie.

#208613 Reply

Also, errors further down in the JSP are not reported.

#208614 Reply

Ah, and I’m using Eclipse3M8 with the MyEclipse that was released for that version.

#208617 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Try and refresh and rebuild the project, did that help?

#208654 Reply

I have closed and reopened Eclipse with the same result. I did a Refresh but the Project->Build option is greyed out. I also did Project->Clean which gave an interesting result… the error goes away but is replaced with another error which is simply “com/vignette/portal/log/LogWrapper”. This kind of message is normally caused by NoClassDefFoundException in my experience. When I change the JSP and save the previous problem replaces this problem again.

Alfie.

#208655 Reply

I found the missing class, added it to the build path, did a Project->Clean, modified the JSP and saved — and everything’s sorted now!

But still don’t think it should fail in this way.

#208662 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I found the missing class, added it to the build path, did a Project->Clean, modified the JSP and saved — and everything’s sorted now!

That’s great, good job finding the problem!

But still don’t think it should fail in this way.

Yes I agree, that is very strange. We can mark this as something to investigate.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: JSP editor taglib error [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in