facebook

JSP Template’s default DOCTYPE

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jesse Clark

I am using XHTML 1.0 Strict for all of the JSPs in my project and I would like to be able to set the default DOCTYPE generated by the JSP templates to XHTML. I can’t seem to find anything in the help documents, forums, or preferences that let me control the DOCTYPE or create a new JSP template. Please advise me how to do this or point me towards the documentation in the even I have overlooked it.

I am using Eclipse 3.0, MyEclipse 3.8.3, Struts 1.2, on FedoraCore2.

tia,
    -j

#223635 Reply

Jesse Clark

Also, I am running Eclipse on JDK1.5, there are no other plugins installed, it was a fresh install for MyEclipse and (not that it probably matters here) I am using Resin 3.0 as my app server.

#223637 Reply

Riyad Kalla

J,
    You will need to edit the template file which is located here: <myeclipse install dir>\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_3.8.4\Templates

The file you are looking for is likely Jsp.jsp, the templates.properties file one level up gives the mapping between dropdown entries and the template files. Sorry for the inconvenience, we haven’t gotten a chance to roll out a front end for editing these files.

#223753 Reply

Jesse Clark

Thanks Riyad, I will look into it.
    If I add a new Template to that directory and to templates.properties will it then come up in the dropdown on the JSP Wizard?

#223756 Reply

Riyad Kalla

will it then come up in the dropdown on the JSP Wizard?

Yes, some users prefer to do this. The properties file explains its format.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: JSP Template’s default DOCTYPE

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in