facebook

JSP Validator/Editor Problems

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jbrownlee

Hello. I recently upgraded to Eclipse 3.1M6 and the corresponding version of MyEclipse 3.8.4. I am using the Java 1.4.2_08 SDK under Windows XP.

Under Eclipse 3.0.x and MyEclipse 3.8.3, I had some of the problems described here in other posts with the valdiator being slow, the red and yellow marks wildly flashing, marking problems that do not exist while leaving real problems undiagnosed, and at times the editor seeming to get into an infinite loop. But, for the most part, I was able to use these features OK while working around the problems.

Since the upgrade, though, the story is different. My first problem is that now whenever I attempt to save a JSP file after changing it, I get an error saying:

Save could not be completed.
    Reason:
    Has changed on the file system.

If I use “Save As…”, I can save the file. The files are on a shared drive, but the drive is mapped using a letter. This is the same situation that worked fine under the previous Eclipse and MyEclipse versions. I do not have problems with Java or XML files; these save properly.

The second and more serious problem involves the validator. Since the upgrade, I cannot use the validator. On some small projects it seems fine, but on the large project I am working on, when the environment attempts to run the validator during compilation, it gets to the first file and seems to keep compiling it forever. The progress bar fills over and over again and the build process never moves to the next file. If you attempt to cancel the operation, it says it has been cancelled, but it never stops. You have to kill Eclipse to get out. I’ve disabled the validator entirely to be able to work at all.

After reading another post, I tried downloading and installing MyEclpise again after deleting the link file. The installation came from the file:

EnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_030804_3.1M6Beta.exe

The about box shows it as:

Version: 3.8.4+QF2-BetaFor3.1M6
    Build id: 200502031200-3.8.4+QF2-BetaFor3.1M6

For me, the value of MyEclipse is the JSP editor, so this is very important to me to see fixed. Any help is appreciated.

#228557 Reply

Riyad Kalla

First, I would suggest you never use 2 beta products if you are trying to avoid problems or bugs. My suggestion to you will be to grab Eclipse 3.0.2 SDK and MyEclipse 3.8.4 GA, don’t spend time diagnosing problems with a Beta product on a Beta platform, it’s impossible to tell a) what is a bug and b) what will miraculously disappear with the next release just by virtue of bug fixes in Eclipse.

Let’s do that step first and move from there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: JSP Validator/Editor Problems

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in