facebook

[JspEditor]: insert space for tab and multiple lines indent

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Olivier Jaquemet
    Participant

Even though “insert spaces for tab” is enabled in the common editor preferences, tabs are inserted instead of space when indenting multiple lines in the jsp editor.

Thanks.

#222870 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

#222931 Reply

Olivier Jaquemet
    Participant

Operating System
    Windows XP Pro SP2 (fr)

Eclipse
    Version: 3.0.1
    Build id: 200409161125

MyEclipse
    Version: 3.8.3
    Build id: 200412061200-3.8.3

Java
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_05-b04)

Misc:
    not a fresh install
    MyEclipse updated thought the dedicated updated site for 3.8.3
    8 plugin org.eclipse.pde.*
    using the JSP Editor of MyEclipse associated to the .jsp
    use space for tab check everywhere it is possible (common editor java style text editor … etc etc etc….)

#223951 Reply

jstano

I’m noticing the same problems.

I have tried both Eclipse 3.0.1 and 3.1M4 with both MyEclipse 3.8.3 and 3.8.4. Same problem every time. I’m running on Windows XP.

Indenting code in JSP editor inserts tabs even though I have the editor configured to use spaces.

This is using the Tab & Shift-Tab keys when a block is selected.

I also noticed that it will not un-indent lines all the way to the left, for example:

<form>
    … bunch of stuff …
    </form>

I want to get:

<form>
    … bunch of stuff …
    </form>

Other then this, I love this tool.

Thanks,

Jeff Stano

#223961 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jeff,
    Sorry you had to run into this, this is a known bug that we will hopefully get ironed out for 3.9.

#224029 Reply

jstano

Great! Thanks for the info.

#225062 Reply

jstano

Will 3.9 be the next release?

#225066 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Will 3.9 be the next release?

Yep, hopefully end of March.

#226146 Reply

jstano

Any chance of getting access to a beta or something. I don’t mind helping to test.

Thanks,

Jeff

#226147 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jeff,
    If you are interested in joining our QA team we are looking for people that use most (if not all) of the MyEclipse feature set, people that are willing to put in time not just ‘trying out’ the betas but really beating on them, even features they don’t normall use and reporting what they find in our QA forum. We also need people that don’t mind running software that will likely crash and know how to handle themselves to fix the problem. We need people that know about cleaning out their workspace, reinstalling, without much handholding from us if ou need to roll back to a stable release.

If this sounds good to you please send you letter of interest with qualifications (Basically why you would make a good tester) to support@genuitec.com ATTN Riyad along with your user name. I’ll take care of the rest if we think it would be a good match.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: [JspEditor]: insert space for tab and multiple lines indent

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in