facebook

JSTL 1.1 and JBoss 3.2.6

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am attempting to add JSTL 1.1 support via MyEclipse. When I selected the 1.1 radio button I get an error saying that “JSTL 1.1 is not compatiable with J2EE 1.3 specification. I am using JBoss 3.2.6 which I am pretty sure will support this via Tomcat 5.x that is bundled with it? Any way around this shoulr of manulayy doing this or am I am off base thinking that JBoss 3.2.6 will work with JSTL 1.1.

#247197 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The limitation is because your project is a J2EE 1.3 project, and you are trying to add JSTL 1.1 to it, so MYEclipse is trying to stop you from this. You should create a J2EE 1.4 project to fix this. I wouldn’t suggest adding it manually as your app server may try and employ certain treatment to your project to treat it like a J2EE 1.3 project, but infact it needs it to be a 1.4 compliant project to fully support JSTL 1.1

#247217 Reply

Riyad thanks for your reply. Is there any way to upgrade the project to a 1.4 project without having to create an entirely new one?

#247223 Reply

Riyad Kalla

You can manually, but not automatically.

1) Switch to navigator view, open .mymetadata change version from 1.3 to 1.4
    2) Create a new J2EE 1.4 web project, grab the header from the web.xml file, and copy it over the header of your current web.xml file.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: JSTL 1.1 and JBoss 3.2.6

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in