facebook

Linux/MyEclipse bug that is driving me crazy

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jebrick

I’m running MyEclipse on Linux RedHat 9 with the KDE desktop. After the update to 4.0.3 I keep getting hard locks with MyEclipse where I will have to do kill the process to break out. This is only when I’m editing class files, not JSPs ( thank you for fixing that bug). I can’t tell you what sets it off other than changing a file. I could be in the middle of typing a change and it will lock up. Let me know what else I can give you on this.

I start Eclipse with eclipse -vmargs -Xmx512M &

There is no exception in the log file.

#240971 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

This is only when I’m editing class files

You mean using the Java editor? We don’t actually make any changes to that; it’s standard Eclipse. Can you try restarting with the following arguments:
    eclipse.exe -clean -vmargs -Duser.language=en -Xms128M -Xmx512M -XX:PermSize=64M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M

Are the results the same? Is it reproducable every time with a certain set of actions? If so what? Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can dig deeper into this.

#240974 Reply

Riyad Kalla

jebrick,
    I would also suggest you make sure you are using the Sun VM and not trying to use Blackdown or especially gcj to run Eclipse. Event though that project have come quite far Eclipse is not certified with it.

You can also try upgrading Eclipse to 3.1.1

#241115 Reply

jebrick

The MyEclipse 4.0.3 installer does not work with the Linux Eclipse 3.1.1 install. Says it is not Eclipse 3.1.

I’ll try the command line arguments and get back to you.

#241228 Reply

jebrick

The command line you have given seems to have stabilized the application. I will update if I find anything else new.

#241231 Reply

Riyad Kalla

jebrick,
    Thank you for following up, keep us posted.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Linux/MyEclipse bug that is driving me crazy

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in