facebook

Lost tab icons from a JTabbedPane

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jorge Murcia

In some circumstances (I have not yet identified exactly when this occurs) icons associated with tabs of a JTabbedPane are lost from a Matisse form.

As an example… I have a form with JTabbedPane that works correctly. I open it to modify just a tooltip for one of its inner components and after entering the new tooltip the tab icons are gone.

Sometimes but not always I can not see the icons on the tabs but if I run the application (not just preview the form) the icons are there.

Does anyboy knows about this problem and how to solve or workaround?

Thanks a lot.

#270677 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm… are you seeing any exceptions written to the log file (<workspace dir>\.metadata\.log) when this problem happens? Look near the bottom, the log file is created in appended fashion.

#270680 Reply

Jorge Murcia

Riyad. First of all, thank you very much for your reply.
    Following your suggestion I have looked in the log file and I have not seen any exception related to this issue. Nevertheless I have a new clue, currently I have a form that works. I carefully paid attention to the icons when I saved it and everything went ok. Then I tried to reproduce the problem with the same form, so I opened it in order to change some tooltip or anything to make icons to go, but before I could made any change I realized that tab icons are not there any more. After that I did not saved the form, in fact it was not necessary since I did not make any change. So the situation now is that my application works but Matisse does not show the tab icons in that form and icons properties are shown as null.

PD: I apologize for my poor english.

#270681 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm… does this happen with every form you work with (icons disappearing) or is it just this one particular form?

Would you be able to share this project with me?

#270682 Reply

Jorge Murcia

Well is the first form where I am using tabs with icons, so is my unique form with this problem. How can I share the project with you? Do you want me to e-mail?

#270685 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Yes could you export the project using File > Export > Archive, and then email it to support@genuitec.com ATTN Riyad, and I’ll take a look at it right away.

#270688 Reply

Jorge Murcia

Done!

#270692 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jorge,
    Thank you for the test project. I was able to reproduce the problem right away. Looks like closing/reopening the form looses the icon property on the tab for some reason. I’ll file it as a bug right now.

#270693 Reply

Jorge Murcia

OK. Thank you very much. Would you mind keeping me informed in case a solution arise?

#270694 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Yes definately.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Lost tab icons from a JTabbedPane

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in