facebook

m8 is out – myeclipse support timeline ? [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Eclipse News
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Ivar Vasara

So now that m8 is out, what’s the plan for myeclipse ? Are you going to maintain the current feature set and get a working m8 build out quickly or are you planning on incorporating some post 3.7.1 functionality ? Dates/times appreciated 🙂

#205346 Reply

Nabil Suleiman
    Participant

ivar, we see you here with every new Eclipse release 😉 …

#205348 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

We’re planning on maintaining the 3.7.1 feature set and getting a new build out. Most likely will be available the week of April 5th as it will take about a week to fix all the API breaks and retest.

#205350 Reply

myoungstrom

Sounds like an excellent plan. 🙂

#205392 Reply

Nevin Ng

Nice job of keeping up 😀

#205395 Reply

Ivar Vasara

@nabil wrote:

ivar, we see you here with every new Eclipse release 😉 …

just trying to fill in the blanks left by the original announcement..
    the myeclipse short term roadmap has a signifigant effect on my personal upgrade path, so I like to know as much as possible. (eg. now I won’t bother installing m8 until next week )

#205662 Reply

myoungstrom

This is just a quick note looking for an update on M8 support. No pressure or anything just looking for an update. 🙂

Mike

#205673 Reply

Ivar Vasara

@myoungstrom wrote:

This is just a quick note looking for an update on M8 support. No pressure or anything just looking for an update. 🙂

Hahaha.. I ‘m regularly scanning the site for some tidbit of info too 🙂
    What would be cool is if the ME developers could have a daily development diary/blog whatever.. just letting everyone know what they’re up to, what are/were the tricky parts of ME to develop, what bugs are happening, etc.
    Just some sort of public peek into ME development..

#205674 Reply

Nabil Suleiman
    Participant

writing blog entries takes some of their time off coding. And I’d personally like them to code rather than blog 😉 … lol ….

#205675 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I *WISH* we had time around here for writing blogs. 🙂

Currently, we’re targeting an M8-compatible release for Monday the 12th.

#205712 Reply

Ivar Vasara

@nabil wrote:

writing blog entries takes some of their time off coding. And I’d personally like them to code rather than blog 😉 … lol ….

Daily updates give the appearance of speed.. it’s like the usability of a large database query.. if you present the user with the results as they appear users will think the application is more responsive than if you run the query and present the complete results in one go.. (even if the staggered presentation takes way longer).
    Besides, I’m not asking for a 3 page report.. just a note on what they’re up to and the problems they’re having would be cool. An ‘insiders peek into myeclipse’ if you will..

#205715 Reply

Nabil Suleiman
    Participant

that is true and makes sense …. however I assume they are working on it unless stated otherwise ….. Scott and otehrs gave us a date when it’s out, so they are working on it 🙂 ..

#205819 Reply

Here is a quick update.

The port to Eclipse 3.0 M8 is complete and you should be able to download the new build from our download section. Please note that MyEclipse 3.7.2 only works with M8. MyEclipse 3.7.1 (for M7) is available in the archive section under the “Previous builds” for Eclipse 3.0

#205865 Reply

@ivar wrote:

Besides, I’m not asking for a 3 page report.. just a note on what they’re up to and the problems they’re having would be cool. An ‘insiders peek into myeclipse

Hello Everybody!,

My two cents:

I think that the myeclipse team is very responsive with the users queries & questions. I think if the day comes when the
    – actual status
    – problems
    – things they are up to
    are stored in a well-known location in the site; all the answers to inquiries about those subjects will be referred to that well-known location, loosing some of the personal contact we all actually have with them.

I like better to ask, and have a personal answer than an automatic answer pointing the probable pages on the site where the aswer may be.

Saludos

Alejandro

#205866 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Alejandro,
    We agree, also if we did post all that stuff in a public place, then we would get double questions pertaining TO the items listed, then I believe we would run into a real issue where there just wasn’t enough ours in the day for us to address all the questions, and then people would start to think we were getting less personal with our users.

Its a vicious cycle 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: m8 is out – myeclipse support timeline ? [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in