facebook

Mac OSX (Tiger) Eclipse 3.1 not correct version?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I just downloaded the installer for myEclipse and I can’t get past the search for my Eclipse folder. I have 3.1 installed and and the mystery .eclipseproduct is in the folder but I am always told it is the wrong version? Any ideas?

Thanks,

#231723 Reply

jqshenker

For now just use the manual install… wierd that it doesn’t see the version correctly.

#231724 Reply

I actually got it to install when I went back to the 3.1 M7. I saw that RC3 is not yet supported. But is there a trick to registering my installation? I go to Windows->preferences and see nothing about myEclipse. I guess I’ll look around here a while to see if it is pilot error??

#231725 Reply

Wow! I tried the manual install and everything. I can’t see myEclipse at all! I tried to add an extension and I can’t because the aborted install prevents it. It thinks that site is already there. I can’t delete the old site (although it doesn’t show now) but it prevents me from adding a new extension.

Shouldn’t this be a lot easier?

#231730 Reply

Well, I’ve reinstalled everything and am at the same place. When checking the myEclipse extension it says it can’t find a bunch of plugins?? Can I download them somewhere and install them manually?

#231731 Reply

Well, I’ve reinstalled everything and am at the same place. When checking the myEclipse extension it says it can’t find a bunch of plugins?? Can I download them somewhere and install them manually?

#231745 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

All,

The current versions on the website will not run with the latest Eclipse 3.1RC build. So, the installer is correct in stopping the installation. However, we’ll be releasing a new build of 4.0M2 for Eclipse 3.1 shortly after 3.1 goes final. That means, in a day or two. 🙂

#231760 Reply

I’ve reverted to 3.1M7 and the installation is not blocked but the plugins still did not get installed?

#231762 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

We’ll be putting out 4.0M2 for Eclipse 3.1 final either tomorrow or Wednesday. Could you possibly wait for that to get your 3.1 support?

#231765 Reply

Will Do! Thanks for the quick reply. I’m stoked by what myEclipse will do for me and it’s tough waiting.

#231771 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I understand. Just a couple more days and you should be all set. I noticed that the 4.0M2 for 3.1 build has fixed several problems that were unique to the Mac as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Mac OSX (Tiger) Eclipse 3.1 not correct version?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in