facebook

major problem when using myeclipse and subversive

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am having a major problem when I use subversive with myeclipse.
    Every now and then (2-3 times a day) some .svn folders are deleted from my workspace. This is causing me great pain because I have to restore the .svn folders while I must keep the changes to files.

The deleted .svn folders are not random folders. They are the svn metadata for MyEclipse Web project web-inf folders. Thats why am also posting this here.

My workspace consists of 27 projects, I have several (5) web projects with the following structure:

MyTestWar (my eclipse web project)
    —>web (web content folder)
    ——->WEB-INF
    ———->.svn (the svn metadata that is deleted)

I tried to find the cause by enabling the Windows NTFS Auditing features. By doing that I found out that eclipse deletes the folder (the ntfs auditing reports that java.exe deleted the folder).

I want to track down the eclipse plugin that deletes the folder. Is there any way to do this?

I am using Eclipse 3.2 final + MyEclipse 5M1 + subversive rc4 ( I have the auto refresh and refresh at startup preferences enabled)

#254323 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Very cool way of investigating the problem, didn’t know NTFS had that feature.

I would have no idea why the .svn driectory would be deleted unless you accidentally had your output driectory set incorrect and each time you build it does erase the output dir (should be WEB-INF/classes in this case)

Can you tie the .svn deletion to any activity? If it seems random, then it might be tied to any automatic-refreshing settings you have. I would suggest turning that off and seeing if you can tie it down to a particular operation.

#257701 Reply

avec

I had another problem. I Have Eclipse 3.2 and MyEclipse 5.0GA. I have tried both Subversive 1.0.2 and 1.1.0 M1. When I try to konfigure {{Share Project}}, it always fails. I have read this thread, but the problem stated is not my case since I already have checked out using TortoiseSVN. I managed to solve it anyway. I configured (shared) my first workspace project in Eclipse and then it was ok. When I later opened MyEclipse everything was fine. I could form then on share new projects without problems from inside MyEclipse.

-Avec

#257718 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Avec thank you for following up with your findings for other users.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: major problem when using myeclipse and subversive

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in