facebook

Manually adding file types [feature][Resolved]

1. Copilot4Eclipse – GitHub Copilot on Eclipse
  2.  > 
  3. General Discussion
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

a.philipp
    Participant

I’m working with .xhtml files, which the plugin doesn’t support. However, if I rename them to .xml, I get Copilot suggestions. Is there are way to add file types to the plugin and treat them the same way as already existing file types or languages? I don’t want to rename my files each time just to enable completions.

• This topic was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by a.philipp.
    • This topic was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by wayne.
    • This topic was modified 9 months ago by wayne.
    #699040 Reply

wayne

Hi,
    In the 1.0EA1 and 1.0EA2 releases there is not yet a way to tailor the filetype support for Copilot4Eclipse. We are still in the early-access phase of the 1.0 release cycle and will be looking at how to better improve this in the very near future.
    Wayne

#699041 Reply

a.philipp
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. I’ll be waiting for this feature in the future 🙂

#699317 Reply

wayne

Thank you for reporting the .xhtml issue and your suggestion.

Copilot4Eclipse 1.0-EA3 is now available with support for .xhml files and many others. The file extensions are now presented in the Copilot4Eclipse preferences. Additionally we have introduced a way for users to directly add additional file extensions to any languageId – I am working on the documentation for how to customize file extensions now. Please provide feedback here.

For new installations see https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/copilot4eclipse

To update Copilot4Eclipse from within Eclipse, choose Help menu > Check for Updates and select Copilot4Eclipse.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by wayne.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #699339 Reply

a.philipp
    Participant

Great, thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Manually adding file types [feature][Resolved]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in