facebook

Many-to-one-Associations with ME and Hib [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

thurisaz

Hi there,

currently I’m testing the myEclipse-Hibernate-Support.

I’ve already managed it to realize a one-to-one connection with two associated classes (i.e. saving an object cat and catowner to a database). This works problery. Now I’m trying to realize a one-to-many-connection.

The scenery:

I have an articles which has normal attributes like name, date of creation etc. and a Vector which stores Article-Components. The Text-Components have two attributes: a headline and the component-text (both attributes are Strings). Now I’m trying to create a Hibernate-Mapping that creates java-classes from the Database-Tables. I want to have an article with the “text-components”-vector and of course the text-components (without the association to the article). But I have no Idea how I should do this.

Whenever I create the hibernate-java-classes from the database I’ll just get articles with no associations to the text-components and the text-component-class has an article-atttribute. But I want it excatly the other way round

Can somebody help (Database is Postgresql)?

The SQL-Code for this is:

CREATE TABLE normalArticleComponents
    (
        articleComponentID SERIAL PRIMARY KEY UNIQUE,
        articleID INTEGER REFERENCES articles ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE,
     componentName TEXT NOT NULL,
     componentText TEXT NOT NULL,
     componentType TEXT NOT NULL
    );

CREATE TABLE articles
    (
     articleID SERIAL PRIMARY KEY UNIQUE,
     isPublic BOOLEAN NOT NULL DEFAULT false,
     isTemplate BOOLEAN NOT NULL DEFAULT false,
     language TEXT NOT NULL,
     headline TEXT NOT NULL,
     detail TEXT NOT NULL
    );

#220878 Reply

thurisaz

According to this thread https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/hibernate-support-2/&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
    it seems so that many-to-one-associations are not suppordet by myeclipse. is this correct?

If it is correct I have a new question: I know that I should not change the hibernate.cfg.xml, because it is synchronized but can I add one-to-many-associations to the hibernate *hbm.xml-files manually? So, can I add the one-to-many-associations after the automated code-gerneration by hand?

#220879 Reply

support-jeff

The thread does not mention m2o associations at all. In fact m2o is supported. If you have a FK in the database on a table that you then generate Java class and hibernate mapping from, the generated code will possess a simple reference to the exporting table. As you surmise, the converse (o2m) is not yet supported, nor are the other more (or less) complex relationships. These will be supported in a future release. You can manually add them as you need now, but beware that if you re-generate the mappings at any point your changes will not be preserved.

#220883 Reply

thurisaz

Okay – I think that I missunderstood the difference between o2m and m2o – thanks!

#220938 Reply

thurisaz

did I understand it correct, that one-to-many relationships are now supported in the newest version of myEclipse which is aviable since yesterday???

#221050 Reply

support-jeff

Nope, not yet. “Wait for it…..”

#257081 Reply

thurisaz

@support-jeff wrote:

Nope, not yet. “Wait for it…..”

Is it now possible to do many-to-one-relations in MyEclipse 5?

I still have the same issue, that I have 1:m or n:m relations in a database but I can not map them with MyEclipse to simple Hibernate-Pojos.

Is this feature now implemented?

#257093 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Our mapping tools do generate 1:m relationships.

However, user control over the relationships generated is not yet implmented but is on the cards for the next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused,
    Best,
    Brian.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Many-to-one-Associations with ME and Hib [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in