facebook

Matisse freezed on load of form

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bettmenn

Hello,

while developing a Swing Form with Matisse, i noticed that myeclipse was getting slower and slower.

Since this afternoon, eclipse completely froze when i tried to load the .form file in the matisse-editor.
    i tried aroung with different versions of java (1.42 vs. 1.5), but had no success.

I finally looked the file up in a text editor and i noticed that the form file had 8mb!

This was due to some very large binary (ascii codes, in array form) RDAConnections (or something similar), which several JComboBox’es had as a <Property>. I then removed those properties, but now myeclipse does not load the form anymore.

the message i got from within myeclipse is:
    The form file format is not recognized.
    The form cannot be opened.

Please help me there, its really been a lot of work in this form and i do not want to do it all over again. The generated .java complement is still executing.

Maybe there is a way to repair the .form-file? Or to reverse-engineer it from the .java file? That would be great, thanks.

Best regards,

Florian

#265386 Reply

bettmenn

Oh i forgot:

Im Using MyEclipe Enterprise Workbench 5.1.0 GA

#265508 Reply

bettmenn

Maybe the specs of that .form XML-Format are available? Then I could try to fix it by myself.

Thanks!

#265700 Reply

bettmenn

I would really appreciate an answer of yours, even if it was a “no it cant be done, sorry”. After all, I am a paying Owner of the Enterprise Version, although my account is not linked to the license.

#265919 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Florian,
    I am so sorry for missing this, can you export the project with this file in it and send it to us for testing? support@genuitec.com ATTN Riyad and tell me which file has the problem and please include a link to this post for reference.

#265962 Reply

bettmenn

I did a complete rebuilt the form by hand in the meanwhile.

Thanks anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Matisse freezed on load of form

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in