facebook

Matisse not reading the .form files

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

mkossak

I have two seemingly identical workspaces pulled from our SVN repository.

In one workspace I’m able to open the .form files and work the GUI component through Matisse just fine. In the other workspace, Matisse is unable to parse the .form file fully. In the .log file file I get the following exception:

org.netbeans.modules.form.PersistenceException: Missing attributes of component element

I’ve tried recreating the failing workspace. I’ve also verified that both the working and the failing workspace are using the same JRE and dt.jar.

Help! Are there any other options I can turn on to obtain additional diagnostics? If not, it could certianly benefit from that considering how widely used the product is.

Thanks in advance.

*** Date:
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 2:29:03 PM CDT

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsVista
    OS version=6.0.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 7.5
    Build id: 7.5-20090609

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 7.5
    Build id: 7.5-20090609

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.4.2.R342_v20090122-7T7U1E9imVKz-A8Vz-p_jRS
    Build id: M20080703-0800

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.4.2.R342_v20090122-9I96EiWElHi8lheoJKJIvhM3JfVsYbRrgVIWL
    Build id: M20090211-1700

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework GEF

Version: 3.4.2.v20090218-1145-67728084A56B4I233613552
    Build id: 200809101400

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.4.200.R342_v20090122-989JESTEbig-SVaL8UJHcYBr4A63

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.4.2.r342_v20081217-7o7tEAoEEDWEm5HTrKn-svO4BbDI

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Users\mkossak\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.1\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Users\mkossak\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.1\../Common\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.101.R34x_v20080731\eclipse_1115.dll
    -startup
    C:\Users\mkossak\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.1\../Common\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.101.R34x_v20081125.jar
    -exitdata
    1e1c_5c
    -clean
    -configuration
    configuration
    -vm
    C:\Users\mkossak\AppData\Local\Genuitec\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013\bin\javaw.exe

#299658 Reply

Loyal Water

Was this .form file / project created using MyEclipse?

#299665 Reply

USDC-VT

I have a similar issue with Matisse.

Under 7.5 now the design perspective no longer shows up in the editor frame (source/design tabs), and if I attempt to open the .form file MyEclipse crashes altogether.

#299669 Reply

mkossak

Yes.

btw. I’ve done some further poking around and it appears that the <Layout> tags are the problem. If I comment those out of the .form file Matisse can display the form but naturally not laid out properly.

#299670 Reply

mkossak

Also, just checked and I can’t even open a new Matisse form in the design tab. The source tab is okay but that’s it. The Outline and Properties are empty and I can’t add controls to the form.

#299861 Reply

mkossak

Any thoughts on this problem??? I really need to get this working.

#299868 Reply

Loyal Water

mkossak,
    Can you send me the form you are working with. That would be very helpful. You can hit the pm button below my post and send me the file.

#299898 Reply

mkossak

Just fixed this issue. I was using IBM’s Java 1.6 JDK that comes with Webshpere 7.

I installed and configured Sun’s JDK 1.6.0_13 and that seems to fix the problem.

The forms open properly now. I’ll do some more poking around to ensure that any changes I make are properly save and that the generated Java code works.

Thanks.

#299901 Reply

Loyal Water

Glad you got it fixed. Thanks for letting us know.

#303063 Reply

mkossak

Well, the problem has resurfaced and it has nothing to do with the JDK’s. Have there been changes to the .form files that cause them not to load? If so, is there something simple that can be changed in the forms to get them to load.

This is getting to be a critical problem because nearly all developers in my organization are experiencing the same problem and are looking to me for the solution.

#303115 Reply

Loyal Water

mkossak,
    Can you send me a sample project that would help me reproduce this issue at my end. I’ll get this issue verified by the dev team.

#309185 Reply

mkossak

Additional note on this item. I recently downloaded and install MyEclipse 8.5 and experienced the same issue with Matisse.

After tinkering with our workspace and projects therein, I finally resolved the issue.

Our project structure includes a project that contains only third-party jar files (open source jars). The GUI code is also contained in its own project with a dependency on the jar lib project.

So, what resolved the Matisse issue? The answer…re-ordering the jar files in the jar lib project. That is, removing all jars, closing the jar lib project, opening the jar lib project, adding the jars back and exporting all jars. Although, this appears to work it seems that the a jars being in alphabetical order is just a ‘dumb luck’ solution and that potentially down the line some other unknown jar file may resurrect the issue and figuring out the right order becomes a challenge to figure out. Below is the .classpath from the jar file project. Any thought as to which jar file may be causing Matisse to “die”???

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
    <classpath>
    <classpathentry kind=”src” path=””/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/aopalliance-1.0.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/backport-util-concurrent-3.1.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/bsh-1.3.0.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/cglib-2.1.3.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/commons-codec-1.3.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/commons-collections-3.2.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/commons-digester-1.8.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/commons-logging-1.1.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/commons-transaction-1.2.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/ehcache-1.3.0.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/hessian-3.1.3.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/jasperreports-2.0.3.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/j2ee-1.4.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/log4j-1.2.14.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/looks-2.1.4.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/PDFRenderer.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/quartz-1.6.0.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/spring-2.0.6.jar” sourcepath=”D:/Installs/Java/Spring/spring-framework-2.0.6-with-dependencies.zip”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/struts-1.2.2.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/swing-layout-1.0.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/velocity-dep-1.5.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/xpp3_min-1.1.3.4.O.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/xstream-1.2.2.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/iText-2.0.7.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/jxl.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/poi-3.0.1-FINAL-20070705.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/commons-httpclient-3.1.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/jh-2.0_03.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/wizard.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/velocity-tools-1.4.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/clibwrapper_jiio-1.1.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/custom-client.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/jai_imageio-1.1.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/icu4j.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/commons-validator-1.3.1.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/jai_codec-1.1.3.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/jai_core-1.1.3.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/mlib_jai_mmx.dll-1.1.3.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/mlib_jai_util.dll-1.1.3.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/mlib_jai.dll-1.1.3.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/mlibwrapper_jai-1.1.3.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/cxf-2.2.2.jar” sourcepath=”C:/Users/ehodges/dev/tools/apache-cxf-2.2.2-src”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/cxf-manifest.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/XmlSchema-1.4.5.jar” sourcepath=”C:/Users/ehodges/dev/tools/XmlSchema-1.4.5-sources”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/FastInfoset-1.2.3.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/neethi-2.0.4.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/jsr311-api-1.0.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/custom-server.jar”/>
    <classpathentry kind=”lib” path=”lib/xercesImpl.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/jcommon-1.0.16.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/jfreechart-1.0.13.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/ibatis-2.3.4.726-custom.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/iText-5.0.0.jar” sourcepath=”/PdfUvilTest/iText-src-5.0.0.zip”/>
    <classpathentry kind=”output” path=”bin”/>
    </classpath>

#309186 Reply

mkossak

Additional note on this item. I recently downloaded and install MyEclipse 8.5 and experienced the same issue with Matisse.

After tinkering with our workspace and projects therein, I finally resolved the issue.

Our project structure includes a project that contains only third-party jar files (open source jars). The GUI code is also contained in its own project with a dependency on the jar lib project.

So, what resolved the Matisse issue? The answer…re-ordering the jar files in the jar lib project. That is, removing all jars, closing the jar lib project, opening the jar lib project, adding the jars back and exporting all jars. Although, this appears to work it seems that the a jars being in alphabetical order is just a ‘dumb luck’ solution and that potentially down the line some other unknown jar file may resurrect the issue and figuring out the right order becomes a challenge to figure out. Below is the .classpath from the jar file project. Any thought as to which jar file may be causing Matisse to “die”???

<classpath>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/backport-util-concurrent-3.1.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/commons-collections-3.2.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/commons-digester-1.8.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/commons-transaction-1.2.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/spring-2.0.6.jar” sourcepath=”D:/Installs/Java/Spring/spring-framework-2.0.6-with-dependencies.zip”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/poi-3.0.1-FINAL-20070705.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/commons-httpclient-3.1.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/clibwrapper_jiio-1.1.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/commons-validator-1.3.1.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/mlib_jai_mmx.dll-1.1.3.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/mlib_jai_util.dll-1.1.3.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/mlibwrapper_jai-1.1.3.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/cxf-2.2.2.jar” sourcepath=”C:/Users/ehodges/dev/tools/apache-cxf-2.2.2-src”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/XmlSchema-1.4.5.jar” sourcepath=”C:/Users/ehodges/dev/tools/XmlSchema-1.4.5-sources”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/ibatis-2.3.4.726-custom.jar”/>
    <classpathentry exported=”true” kind=”lib” path=”lib/iText-5.0.0.jar” sourcepath=”/PdfUvilTest/iText-src-5.0.0.zip”/>
    </classpath>

#309187 Reply

mkossak

<classpath>
    </classpath>

#309319 Reply

Ram

good to hear you are all set. I don’t have visibility of your current prooject.
    To probe this further, can you send a sample project to replicate at my end.

You can send a mail to support@genuitec.com. Please add ATTN: RAM in the subject and refer to this thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Matisse not reading the .form files

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in