facebook

Matisse4MyEclipse Form editor does NOT function at all

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mark S. Morrison
    Participant

I am a long time MyEclipse Professional Subscription user and I am now both dismayed and disappointed.

I have never had need of the Matisse4MyEclipse plugin until now, and now that I need it on a short turn-around it does not work. I am running MyEclipse 5.1.1GA and Matisse4MyEclipse 5.1.1 (Full configuration details are below.

After FINALLY figuring out how to get to Matisse 5.1.1 (instead of 4.1.100 as outlined in the installation document), I installed and restarted. I selected File>New>Matisse Form, and everything seemed to be going fine until I noticed that the form editor window never fully initialized or became useful. In fact, if ANY window, or the windows start bar, overlays the MyEclipse editor window, the image of whatever window it was remains and never goes away unless I close the form editor. This includes the Help>About MyEclipse… window.

I realize I am probably missing something simple and stupid, but I truly DO NOT have time for these kinds of difficulties during development. ANY help is DESPERATELY needed!

Thank you SOOOOO much in advance.

Mark S. Morrison
    G2Solutions, Inc.
    Chief Operating Officer

Full Configuration Details:
    *** Date: Tue May 15 23:13:44 PDT 2007

*** Platform Details:

*** System properties:
    ErrorManager.minimum=18
    awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
    eclipse.buildId=M20060921-0945
    eclipse.commands=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -launcher
    E:\Program Files\eclipse32\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    -showsplash
    -exitdata
    12d4_94
    -product
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide
    -vm
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe
    eclipse.ee.install.verify=false
    eclipse.product=org.eclipse.sdk.ide
    eclipse.startTime=1179296009796
    eclipse.vm=C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe
    eclipse.vmargs=-Duser.language=en
    -Xms128M
    -Xmx512M
    -XX:PermSize=64M
    -XX:MaxPermSize=128M
    -Dosgi.splashLocation=E:\Program Files\MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 5.1.0 GA\eclipse\MyEclipseSplash.bmp
    -jar
    E:\Program Files\eclipse32\eclipse\startup.jar
    eof=eof
    file.encoding=Cp1252
    file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
    file.separator=\
    java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
    java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
    java.class.path=E:\Program Files\eclipse32\eclipse\startup.jar
    java.class.version=50.0
    java.endorsed.dirs=E:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\lib\endorsed
    java.ext.dirs=E:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\lib\ext;C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\lib\ext
    java.home=E:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01

SNIP, Please use MyEclipse >Installation Summary > Installation Details in the future

#270151 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Mark,
    Sorry you ran into this issue. I’m 80% sure the problem is thatyou are running MyEclipse with Java 6, which we don’t support yet (it causes problems specifically with UML and M4M). I would strongly encourage you to download and install the latest 1.5.0 JDK (I think it’s up to service release 12 or 13 now). NOTE: When you install the JDK, if you uncheck the JRE component, it will simply unzip the JDK for you somewhere, then you can point your MyEclipse -vm argument at the javaw.exe executable.

Optionally, you could wait for our 5.5 release later today, download the All In One installer and just install that to a new location and open your existing workspace to continue working. You will be prompted on first launch to add M4M.

#270198 Reply

Mark S. Morrison
    Participant

Riyad,

Thanks for the response. I’m watching for the 5.5 release, but so far I haven’t seen it. Never occured to me that the JDK might be causing the problem. Thanks again for your assistance.

Mark

#270200 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Mark,
    5.5 should go out tonight. Also 5.5 is not verified with Java 6 either, so using JDK 5 will still apply.

#271190 Reply

dbaker

–snip–
    After FINALLY figuring out how to get to Matisse 5.1.1 (instead of 4.1.100
    –snip–

I am still trying to find 5.1.1. can you tell me how you did it?

–David

#271198 Reply

Riyad Kalla

David,
    When you install MyEclipse it should register the discovery site with the correct path for you. For MyEclipse 5.5 (not 5.1.1) the path is:
    http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/eworkbench/discovery-5.5/

for example.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Matisse4MyEclipse Form editor does NOT function at all

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in