facebook

Matisse4MyEclipse install on 5.0M1

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

elee

I click on the find and install, but does not appear to be checking the myeclipse site for any updates. What is the URL for the update site to manually enter?

Thanks!

#252273 Reply

Riyad Kalla
    #252290 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

FYI, I updated the instructions after seeing this post to correct an error in them. They should be correct at this point.

#252298 Reply

elee

Thanks much.. Another question.. when will it be available on the Mac OSX platform?

Note – Apple and Eclipse fixed the bug that was causing the issues of swing on swt.. so hopefully things will work now. They marked the bug as fixed 🙂 .. hooray!

#252299 Reply

Riyad Kalla

We are in the midst of testing right now, actually I’m one of the folks testing it and I can’t get Eclipse to pickup and use the compatability libraries with Java 5.0 or the 6.0 preview 2 release, so it still crashes. I need to play more to get it working I suppose.

#252317 Reply

elee

Did you confirm that the new compatiblity libraries were loaded with the install of the compatiblity patch? I had though apple only released the compatibility libraries for Java 5.0 only. If you log into the developer site, there is an html link that tells you which files were replaced.

#252319 Reply

Greg

I have installed that SWT compatibility pack and I can see the new jar that was installed. But when I run eclipse and try to use the SWT_AWT bridge, it stills throws a SWT error saying that it can’t find the compatibility pack class. But I can see this file exists so I wonder why eclipse can’t find it?

#252346 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Just a followup, Greg got this working but had to force it by adding -Xbootclasspath arguments in the eclipse.ini file… anyone have any ideas why these libs aren’t picked up from the /ext library automatically?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Matisse4MyEclipse install on 5.0M1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in