facebook

maximum cursors error

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Niels

when i try to execute a join query using the sql editor in db explorer i am getting an ORA-01000 maximum number of cursors exceeded error.

me-ide: 4.0M2
    eclipse: Version: 3.1.0
    Build id: I20050627-1435
    Jdk: 1.4.2_08
    4 pde plugins

#233697 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I will look into this.

#233710 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Can you post more details:

1) ORA version
    2) the query or a translated example query for the ORA HR example schema
    3) usage context (e.g., it happens on 1st attempt or after using the DBExplorer for an extended period)

Most of my experience with “out of cursors” has been the result of improperly handling statements such as failing to close them. Any help you can provide us to replicate and isolate this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Michael

#233738 Reply

Niels

Originally I had right clicked on a table to populate an sql editor with the default select statement on that table. I did not run the default query. Then I replaced the default query with a query on a different table(s). When I clicked the run icon to run it I immediately got the ORA-01000 error. I’m not sure the issue is specific to join queries, as I have not used the db explorer extensively. I’ll try a simple alternative query to see what happens and post the outcome.

#244059 Reply

ahansen42

Hate to post a “me too” but… “me too.” ora-01000 when using the hibernate synchronizer. Tried to generate hbms. It’s only a dozen tables in the schema.

#244064 Reply

Brian Fernandes

In the last few releases, we have fixed a few cursor issues.

ahansen,
    Hibernate synchronizer is not part of the MyEclipse distrobution – did you mean something else?

Best,
    Brian.

#244273 Reply

snpe

maximum cursor error is known error – oracle set default value for oracle_cursors too very small

you can increase it in init.ora file
    set like this

oracle_cursors = 6000

you can set more (default is small, about 200-300)

this is same for every oracle version

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: maximum cursors error

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in