facebook

ME 2015 CI 13 IDE window unstable

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

mongonv
    Participant

Just upgraded to CI 13 and it is having significant IDE tab/window display problems on Win 7 64 bit with 64 bit ME 2015 CI 13.

1) After switching to the Classic theme, had to switch to another them and back again to get the Servers view to display anything, was totally blank until switched back and forth.

2) Used the lower right corner of the IDE window to resize the IDE window and the entire IDE window got messed up. The top title bar with the close button disappeared and the central part of the IDE was pushed up under where the title bar should be, the icons started showing over parts of the IDE tabs, and finally had to close it and reopen it to get it back to displaying properly. (two attached images showing some of this)

3) The Hibernate editor started showing the background of what ever had been the previous tab displayed in the editor area when you redisplay the hibernate editor tab. (two attached images showing two views, one with black lines around the view sections and one showing the code from going to and back another tab.)

The UI in CI 13 seems to be pretty unstable for just basic use as this all occurred in the first 30 minutes of using the update from CI 12.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #389697 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Ed,

Why did you have to switch to the Classic theme again – did the update change your theme back to a MyEclipse theme?

Most theme changes require (but do not warn you) about a restart required after the theme change. Sometimes everything works, otherwise it fails pretty badly, as you have seen. A restart typically fixes all problems after a theme change though.

We haven’t made any changes to the theme support in CI 13, so I can’t explain a sudden break like the one you’re describing here.

What I can suggest is that you try the Windows theme (this is actually the default non-MyEclipse theme on Windows, not Classic) or the MyEclipse Light theme and then restart MyEclipse. Does this help?

#390007 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Good to know you have to restart after a theme change.

The reason I had to switch themes was that the Server view tab was blank and would not show the servers for doing deploys, on a fresh startup after the upgrade.

Both I and one of my developers have been having a regularly occurring problems with views just showing blank space since we have upgraded to 2015 and we have found no reason for why the view will just go blank. It has impacted the Project Explorer, Server, and some of the other view tabs in a random timing.

The theme switch (without restart) had been the only way I found to get the views to display again without restarting, which takes a fair amount of time to do. So was trying to find a faster way to get the view to refresh as we could not find anything other than the theme switch and a restart to get the view tab to display again.

#390402 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Hey Brian,
    Here is another example of the problems we are having with view windows.

This is from a fresh start of ME, went straight from startup to running ME tomcat, debugged to a point that has incoming values, and the Variables view in the debugger is blank. No lines, no data, nothing, just blank space under the tab.

Switching to another tab does not refresh it, switching themes does not refresh it, switching to a previous line in the call stack and then back to the actual call stack line does refresh it though. This kind of problem is happening to multiple different views and we have to try and find something that will refresh the view’s window to get it to come back.

Hopefully you can find out what is causing this cause its making using the product very frustrating.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #391704 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Ed,

The new Eclipse UI implementation that came in with Eclipse 4 is very rarely problematic, certainly not at the frequency you are describing. A theme change should not be required to fix this, but it does a number of internal resets which I guess are helping in your case. Have you tried closing and reopening the view? Does the fault occur when you have been running MyEclipse for some time or can it happen immediately too? When it does occur, do you see any errors in the log? This sort of problem could be resource related as well (running out of memory).

This is from a fresh start of ME, went straight from startup to running ME tomcat, debugged to a point that has incoming values, and the Variables view in the debugger is blank. No lines, no data, nothing, just blank space under the tab.

This, unfortunately, is a bug in Eclipse that is caused by the debug framework in certain circumstances, I believe only for the first breakpoint hit. Simply re-selecting the current frame in the Debug view should cause the Variables view to populate. See this eclipse bug for more details if you are interested.

#391713 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Hey Brian,
    We were seeing a lot of this in the “stable” ME 2015 release and when we installed CI 12 it seemed to go away. Once we installed the CI 13 to fix the WSDL generation issues in ME 2015, the view problems seem to have come back with a vengeance.

The CI 13 release, while it has some bug fixes, seems to have become much less stable than the CI 12 release was.

The app is not running out of memory, it has 6GB allocated in the the .ini and is not throwing any errors that I could see, did not look at the errors view though as nothing was indicated to the user thru a message alert.

The views not having anything showing is not limited to the debug variables view. We have had the servers view, package explorer, and other views just come up blank and it seems to be a totally random issue. We have not been able to find any common thread to when views go blank and it is not just on startup.

Wish there was more I could tell you on it, but we have been trying to find any thing that is duplicatable, but nothing is consistent on this problem.

#391719 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Ed,

The CI 13 release, while it has some bug fixes, seems to have become much less stable than the CI 12 release was.

There were no changes that should have caused this sort of fundamental instability. We did add the Minimap into CI 13 though (and you do have it open) – if you close that view and restart MyEclipse, is the behavior any better? In addition, I would also ask if you can try a new workspace, but I realize that’s not easy to set up.

What theme are you using right now? Windows?

Can you also paste your INI file here? I’m assuming, of course you have a 64-bit install of MyEclipse? I haven’t even come across a system in which 6GB is assigned to Eclipse / MyEclipse 🙂 – I assume to the heap? How much physical memory does this system have? Do check the error log for entries around the time of failure, since the failure actually messes with the UI, some of these will show up as in-your-face dialog boxes, while others will be silently logged. If you have the error log from a workspace which has experienced these problems with CI 13, you can attach it here already.

The views not having anything showing is not limited to the debug variables view. We have had the servers view, package explorer, and other views just come up blank and it seems to be a totally random issue.

Understood – though the debug issue is probably the issue I described above, what’s happening to the other views is something we have to figure out.

#391730 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Hey Brian,
    Here is the INI info and my system has 16 Gig of memory installed and I am using the 64 bit ME:

#utf8 (do not remove)
    -startup
    plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20140415-2008.jar
    –launcher.library
    plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.i18n.win32.win32.x86_64_3.2.0.v201103301700
    -vm
    binary/com.sun.java.jdk7.win32.x86_64_1.7.0.u45/bin/javaw.exe
    -install
    F:\ME2015CI
    -vmargs
    -Xms256M
    -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=128m
    -XX:PermSize=128m
    -Xmx6g
    -XX:MaxPermSize=320m
    -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m
    -Dosgi.nls.warnings=ignore

I am currently using the Windows theme, but could not say for sure that is the same one that I was using on the last time it went weird. I am not real thrilled with the Windows one, so I think it was the Classic one but could not swear to it.

Here are the errors from the log that are not related specifically to our app, don’t know if they have any bearing or not:

eclipse.buildId=13.0.0-20150518
    java.version=1.7.0_45
    java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

com.genuitec.eclipse.monitor.ui
    Error
    Mon May 25 19:46:57 PDT 2015
    FrameworkEvent ERROR

java.io.IOException: Exception in opening zip file: F:\ME2015CI\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\1553\bundleFile
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.getZipFile(SecureAction.java:305)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.bundlefile.ZipBundleFile.basicOpen(ZipBundleFile.java:85)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.bundlefile.ZipBundleFile.getZipFile(ZipBundleFile.java:98)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.bundlefile.ZipBundleFile.checkedOpen(ZipBundleFile.java:65)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.bundlefile.ZipBundleFile.getEntry(ZipBundleFile.java:232)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.BundleInfo$Generation.getEntry(BundleInfo.java:322)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.getEntry(EquinoxBundle.java:648)
    at org.eclipse.sapphire.modeling.ExtensionsLocatorFactory$1.find(ExtensionsLocatorFactory.java:58)
    at org.eclipse.sapphire.modeling.internal.SapphireModelingExtensionSystem.initialize(SapphireModelingExtensionSystem.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.sapphire.modeling.internal.SapphireModelingExtensionSystem.services(SapphireModelingExtensionSystem.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.sapphire.services.ServiceContext.services(ServiceContext.java:141)
    at org.eclipse.sapphire.Property.services(Property.java:535)
    at org.eclipse.sapphire.Property.init(Property.java:109)
    at org.eclipse.sapphire.ElementList.iterator(ElementList.java:868)
    at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.def.internal.SapphireUiDefMethods.getPartDef(SapphireUiDefMethods.java:50)
    at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.def.ISapphireUiDef$Impl.getPartDef(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.def.DefinitionLoader.page(DefinitionLoader.java:198)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.editor.ui.internal.MyEclipseEditorForXML.setEditorSettings(MyEclipseEditorForXML.java:78)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.editor.ui.internal.MyEclipseEditorForXML.setPartName(MyEclipseEditorForXML.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.SapphireEditor.doSetInput(SapphireEditor.java:424)
    at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.SapphireEditor.setInput(SapphireEditor.java:411)
    at org.eclipse.ui.forms.editor.FormEditor.init(FormEditor.java:128)
    at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.SapphireEditor.init(SapphireEditor.java:404)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.initialize(EditorReference.java:390)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.create(CompatibilityPart.java:305)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor58.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:888)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:869)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:120)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:337)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:258)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:162)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.createFromBundle(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.doCreate(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:73)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.create(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:55)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ContributedPartRenderer.createWidget(ContributedPartRenderer.java:127)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:983)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:662)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:766)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.access$2(PartRenderingEngine.java:737)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$7.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:731)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:715)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer.showTab(StackRenderer.java:1246)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.LazyStackRenderer$1.handleEvent(LazyStackRenderer.java:69)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler$1.run(UIEventHandler.java:40)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:187)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:156)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4734)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application$1.syncExec(E4Application.java:218)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler.handleEvent(UIEventHandler.java:36)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerWrapper.handleEvent(EventHandlerWrapper.java:197)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:197)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:1)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.dispatchEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:135)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.sendEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:78)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventComponent.sendEvent(EventComponent.java:39)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.EventBroker.send(EventBroker.java:81)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.UIEventPublisher.notifyChanged(UIEventPublisher.java:59)
    at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:374)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.impl.ElementContainerImpl.setSelectedElement(ElementContainerImpl.java:171)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ModelServiceImpl.showElementInWindow(ModelServiceImpl.java:488)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ModelServiceImpl.bringToTop(ModelServiceImpl.java:454)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.delegateBringToTop(PartServiceImpl.java:705)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.bringToTop(PartServiceImpl.java:392)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.showPart(PartServiceImpl.java:1145)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:3210)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$23(WorkbenchPage.java:3125)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:3107)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:3102)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:3066)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:3056)
    at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:541)
    at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:500)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:360)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:167)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:268)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:233)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.dispatchRun(SelectionDispatchAction.java:275)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.run(SelectionDispatchAction.java:251)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerActionGroup.handleOpen(PackageExplorerActionGroup.java:376)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerPart$4.open(PackageExplorerPart.java:538)
    at org.eclipse.ui.OpenAndLinkWithEditorHelper$InternalListener.open(OpenAndLinkWithEditorHelper.java:48)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$2.run(StructuredViewer.java:853)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:50)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:178)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireOpen(StructuredViewer.java:850)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1142)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$6.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1249)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireOpenEvent(OpenStrategy.java:278)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$2(OpenStrategy.java:272)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:313)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:135)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.eclipse.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:110)
    Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: F:\ME2015CI\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\1553\bundleFile (The system cannot find the path specified)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:215)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:145)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:159)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.getZipFile(SecureAction.java:288)
    … 130 more

/////////////////
    // There are several of the following, not sure what they relate to
    /////////////////

java.version=1.7.0_45

org.eclipse.ui
    Error
    Mon May 25 09:03:28 PDT 2015
    Could not retrieve EHandlerService or ICommandService from context evaluation context fororg.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.reload.dependencies

/////////////////////
    java.version=1.7.0_45

org.eclipse.egit.ui
    Warning
    Sun May 24 18:08:36 PDT 2015
    Warning: The environment variable HOME is not set. The following directory will be used to store the Git
    user global configuration and to define the default location to store repositories: ‘C:\Users\Ed’. If this is
    not correct please set the HOME environment variable and restart Eclipse. Otherwise Git for Windows and
    EGit might behave differently since they see different configuration options.
    This warning can be switched off on the Team > Git > Confirmations and Warnings preference page.

////////////////////
    java.version=1.7.0_45

org.eclipse.jface
    Warning
    Sun May 24 18:08:20 PDT 2015
    Keybinding conflicts occurred. They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.

///////////////
    Those are the only ones that are not specifically relating to our development issues, so hope they help some.

On setting up my project in a new workspace, this is a time consuming issue as its a large project with numerous linkages and configurations needed to make is work, takes over an hour to get it all configured. So it will be a few days before I can spare that much time to doing that.

Let me know if you need anything else.

#392102 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Hey Brian,
    Just thought I would mention that this blank view window issue is also impacting the Console view, which is really annoying when trying to debug things and trace what is happening.

Am having that happen about 5-10% of my sessions now, nothing I can find a way to force to happen, so can’t give any way to duplicate it or predict when it will hit me.

Thanks

#392306 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

mongonv,

Sorry for the delay in replying but we’re looking into this, though, as you say, it’s almost a random occurrence and not repeatable, which makes it very difficult to track down.

Given that, I notice that there are a couple of things about your myeclipse.ini file that shouldn’t cause this issue but it would be good to rule them out. Firstly, you have removed the -configuration setting that would have been in the ini file generated at install time. It points to the configuration directory of your installation, though that should normally be the default, anyway. Secondly, and even less likely to cause the problem, is that you have specified the ReservedCodeCacheSize parameter twice.

Could you “correct” these two areas of the ini file, just to see if it makes a difference?

#392401 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Ed,

Thanks for the updates. I do not think your problem is theme related, but it would be good to know what theme you are using – are you experiencing these in the Classic or Windows theme now? (I assume you are sticking to just one theme?)

RE: Console issue – when you do have that happen, is the console view OK in a session and then suddenly blanks out? Or is it blank for the start of the session.

A suggestion I don’t really like to make, is to use the -clean argument in your myeclipse.ini file, on the off chance that there is a plugin dependency wiring problem that occurs sporadically and causes this issue. You need to use the -clean argument for only one launch to fix this, and can remove it for subsequent launches. Can you tell me if that makes a difference? Please go ahead and make the changes Tony recommended earlier as well.

#392417 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Tony,
    I looked in the eclipse.ini files for installs I have going back and found that ince the ME 2013 there is not an entry in the ini for -configuration. I have added it to my ME 2015 CI ini just in case, but it is not something that I have removed, so you may want to check the installer for windows to see if its something that got removed.

#392420 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Brian,
    I have been switching between the Classic and Windows themes when I need to get views back.

The console issue happened between runs in the same session, was there stopped the tomcat, did some edits, reran debug mode and no output in the console. This same kind of behavior is what has been plaguing all the views, one minute they are fine the next nothing.

It has been happening on both ME 2015 stable and CI 12 and 13 (13 seems more) and on different installed systems.

Not sure what is up with 2015, but we have had more problems with trying to get it working in the last couple months than we have had in the last 7 years of using ME. It has really become a major time drain trying to figure out why ME 2015 is so unstable.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: ME 2015 CI 13 IDE window unstable

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in