facebook

ME 2015 CI19 Error Log view shows Filed to create part's control

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mongonv
    Participant

When I try to view the Error log view it does not show the log, only shows a red X with “Failed to create the part’s controls’.

I am running on Win 7 64 bit, have tried switching projects, reloading the IDE, and cannot get the error log view to show anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ed

#476407 Reply

support-swapna

Ed,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1. Do you remember making any changes to the IDE, like installing a third party plugin etc which might have broken the view?

2. Close the Error Log view and restart MyEclipse. Try opening the Error Log view and check if the issue persists.

3. Can you please switch to a new workspace and check if the Error Log view opens fine to rule out workspace issues?

4. Please send us the .log file of the workspace where the Error Log view does not show up for further investigation. The .log file is located at /.metadata/.log. If possible,please also send us a screenshot of the IDE with the Error Log view to help us get a visual.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#476456 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Swapna,
    #1) No changes to the IDE or components have been installed in some time, the last thing that was done was a reinstall of ME 2015 because it would not process the update to CI 19 from within the IDE.

2) Tried that and it did not work.

3) Opened a new workspace and the error log view works.

4) I am attaching the log for the workspace that does not work.

Let me know if you come up with anything, I really do not want to have to rebuild the workspace that is an incredible loss of time to set everything back up.

Thanks,
    Ed

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by mongonv.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #476541 Reply

support-swapna

Ed,

Thank you for the details.

Can you please start MyEclipse with -clean, open the troubled workspace and check if the issue persists?
    Here is the FAQ for starting MyEclipse with -clean command args : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/

If the issue persists, then I am afraid you will have to switch to a new workspace and import your projects.
    You can export your previous workspace settings (File > Export > General > Preferences) and import them to the new workspace (File > Import > General > Preferences). Once the settings are imported, go ahead and import the projects to the new workspace.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#476616 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Hey Swapna,
    The -clean option did not help, so I guess I will have to rebuild that workspace.
    Thanks,
    Ed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: ME 2015 CI19 Error Log view shows Filed to create part's control

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in