facebook

ME 2015 How to stop IDE from switching to Server view on start/stop tomcat

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mongonv
    Participant

With ME 2015 whenever I start or stop a tomcat debug session, the views switch from the Console view to the Server view, is there a way to stop this action from happening?

It is really annoying to have to switch back to console EVERY time I start up a session, the server view provides no useful information, its all in the console.

Thanks

#392846 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Ed,

We’ll look into what is causing the focus to shift back.

One possible workaround for now would to put the Server and Console view into different view groups. I know this is not ideal, but you may be able to figure out a more efficient way to place the views that works for you.

#392847 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Moving the server view to a different view window did work. Watching the server view, it looks like it is being focused when the server status changes from starting to debug (or what ever mode.)

If you can stop the change from starting to final mode from focusing that view, that would solve the issue.

#392948 Reply

support-swapna

Ed,

There is a setting “Show Servers view when server state changes” on the Server preference page(Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Servers). You can turn off the setting if you do not want the focus to switch to the Servers view on server state changes.

Hope this helps.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by support-tony.
    #392981 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

That did it, thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: ME 2015 How to stop IDE from switching to Server view on start/stop tomcat

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in