facebook

ME8 Does not prompt for workspace or reload last workspace

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

edbelisle

This message has not been recovered.

#306150 Reply

#306152 Reply

edbelisle

#306175 Reply

edbelisle

#306194 Reply

#306206 Reply

edbelisle
    open /Library/Genuitec/Profiles/MyEclipse\ 8.x/myeclipse.app/ --args -data /Users/ed/ME80/A

… launches correctly. I can workaround with a shortcut for now.

Relaunching without -data sends me back to the default location.

This is most likely an issue because my volume in case sensitive. In /Library/Genuitec/Profiles, I have two versions of the application: Myeclipse.app and myeclipse.app. Most of my settings are under myeclipse.app, but Myeclipse.app was an artifact from installation where I think I had to copy a missing .ini over to myeclipse.app.

Our team uses case sensitive volumes for our our Linux and OS X machines. Based on my install experience, it seems you don’t have case sensitive OS X as one of your test environments. I realize OS X is a minority OS for your users, but Linux must get case sensitive testing. Could we also?

#306234 Reply

edbelisle,
    I will escalate this to the dev team. They will get back to you.

#306258 Reply

edbelisle

I’ve added a small case insensitive partition to my hard drive and reinstalled ME80 to that partition. ME80 now prompts for workspace and correctly remembers my last workspace.

Other issues have cropped up, so I’m going to rebuild my workspace to see if that resolves them.

#306273 Reply

edbelisle,

ME80 now prompts for workspace and correctly remembers my last workspace.

Good to know that it is working.
    Do let us know if you have any issues.

#308723 Reply

I seem to be having this same issue. I just installed MyEclipse 8.5 under OS X 10.6.3. It seems to insist on creating a blank workspace in my /User/Joel/Workspaces/MyEclipse for Spring 8.5. Even though the “Prompt for Workspace” is checked in the preferences, I get no prompt. I switch to my new workspace (one that contains NO spaces in the path, as spaces cause me all sorts of other grief with various other tools). I close my MyEclipse. I delete the old “MyEclipse for Spring 8.5” directory. Then, I restart. “MyEclipse” directory comes back, and it is the one selected.

I AM able to use the “open … myeclipseforspring.app –args -data…” trick as suggested above, and it works. But, this is a workaround for sure. There is definitely some type of “workspace management” bug in MyEclipse that still exists in 8.5 under OS X.

-Joel

#309204 Reply

I am on ME8.5 on OSX 10.6.4

Each time i start myeclipse from the default shortcut, it opens a blank workspace, I have to select File > Switch Workspace and then load the default single workspace I have

Is this a bug ?

thanks

Mark

#309267 Reply

Mark,
    Can you try adding the following in your myeclipse.ini file located at your installation dir.
    -clean
    -data
    <workspace>
    Let me know how that works for you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: ME8 Does not prompt for workspace or reload last workspace

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in