facebook

minor 4M2-Errors and suggestions

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I´ve found some little points that doesn´t work with the latest version:

1.If you´re trying to delete parameters from methods in the UML class diagramms, that doesn´t work.

2.If you´re training to assign classes to interfaces in the UML editor belatedly that doesn´t work.

3.The HTML Visual Editor doesn´t work with me. I get an error message that I might notify you.

4.When auto-creating persistent classes with the hibernate mapping tool, the generated abstract class extends either from a non existing class or from it´s subclass with is a inheritance-circle.

5.When using the visual designer for navigation rules in JSF, the auto-created xml-code is:

<navigation-rule>
    <from-view-id>/PositionenBearbeiten.jsp</from-view-id>
    <navigation-case>
    <from-action>success</from-action>
    <to-view-id>/Auftragsliste.jsp</to-view-id>
    </navigation-case>
    </naviagtion-rule>

That rule didn´t work until I changed the 4th line into:
    <from-outcome>success</from-outcome>

Beside these points I suggest the following improvement:

1.When auto-creating ERM diagramms and DDL code in the database view, foreign keys should be respected.
    Beside that the auto-Hibernat-mapping for associations on the base of foreign keys should be supported. (in my opinion a very important feature)

Cheers,
    Sven

ps: if you have any question regarding my remarks, please post them here as I am notified when a reply is posted here.

#233458 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sven
    We appreciate all the feed back. I am partitioning it up and doling it out to each team that it effects.

#233535 Reply

remark regarding point 4 (inheritance circle) when auto-creating hibernate persistence classes:
    the error only occurs when selecting “use hibernate types”.

#233586 Reply

Regarding item #5 – I checked the UI, it looks like you mistyped the from-outcome in the from-action field in the new navigation-case wizard.

#233843 Reply

hello,
    I´ve found another point to improve:
    if you refactor-rename a package in which you´ve stored your name.hbm.xml-files, Hibernate won´t find them after that because hibernate.cfg.xml isn´t updated during the refactoring.

regards,
    sven

#233844 Reply

and that´s the same problem with the name.hbm-xml-files – they aren´t update, too

#263163 Reply

Luc

on #1:
    The way to remove a method parameter is to open it in the properties view (by double clicking on it in the method’s parameter list), then to use the ‘delete from model’ action (little trash can).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: minor 4M2-Errors and suggestions

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in