facebook

Missing autoCreateRowSorter

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Richly
    Participant

In using Matisse, I find myself bouncing back and forth between NetBeans and MyEclipse. I just discovered that JTable’s autoCreateRowSorter is missing from MyEclipse. Unless there is some simple work-around, this is a show-stopper. The problem comes from the fact that M4ME doesn’t work reliably under Java 6 (see my “M4ME UI glitches” posts), so I’ve had to degrade MyEclipse to use Java 5. NetBeans and its Matisse run using Java 6, and thus support the new TableRowSorter, which was introduced in 1.6.

What is the prognosis for a version of M4ME that will run under Java 6?
    – Richard

#259375 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Richard,
    I will file this as a bug for the designer team, sorry for the inconvenience.

#260608 Reply

Richly
    Participant

The good news is that I think I’ve figured out what checking the autoCreateRowSorter box does: it simply inserts a line like
    jTable1.setAutoCreateRowSorter(true);
    just before it sets the model, so if I insert the appropriate line in the pre-initialization code for the model of whatever table I’m using, I am all set.

Of course, this assumes that I am using Java 6 — the built-in row sorter is a good reason to do so. As I asked almost 3 weeks ago, what is the prognosis for a version of M4ME that will run under Java 6? Is there a target date?

Thanks,
    Richard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Missing autoCreateRowSorter

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in