facebook

mobione bluetooth or wifi communication

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

idoi

Hi
    i just tested the trial version of mobione in order to try and decide weather i should purchase this SW for the company i work at.
    i have a general question i must understand before i make a decision.
    i have a robot that has bluetooth/wifi capabilities and i would like the iphone application that i want to develop to receive the robot transmission and send data back to it.
    is this possible with mobione?
    Thanks

#348931 Reply

rprosser

Can we have support for Bluetooth, please? Or WiFi direct perhaps?

Thanks …

Richard

#348936 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

>Can we have support for Bluetooth, please? Or WiFi direct perhaps?

Bluetooth is not supported.

By wifi direct, can you expand on this request. For example if your device has an internet connection regardless of its implementation (cell, wifi, usb tunnel) you app is able to interact remotely by default. If you need something different please expand on your requirements.

#348948 Reply

rprosser

I mean direct links between devices (‘phones) – Bluetooth would be ideal for that, I believe.

Also I know that it is not supported, which is why I requested it. Are you rejecting my request?

Richard

#348949 Reply

rprosser

@support-michael wrote:

>Can we have support for Bluetooth, please? Or WiFi direct perhaps?

Bluetooth is not supported.

It seems that Cordova is supported and there are some Bluetooth plug-ins for that, so maybe there is some hope.

Richard

#348967 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

Our policy (and general user expectation) is if we implement it, then we support it.
    Bluetooth networking is not something we plan to support in MobiOne for the reason above. But having said that we recognize the need for developers to be able to integrate additional 3rd party services. We plan to provide this capability in the next few months in our MyEclipse IDE mobile tools. MobiOne licensees will have access to MyEclipse as part of genuitec’s mobile dev tool strategy.

#349207 Reply

rprosser

@support-michael wrote:

Hi Richard,

Bluetooth networking is not something we plan to support in MobiOne for the reason above.

With respect, a reason was not given. What you stating in effect is that ” we do not plan to support Bluetooth because we do not support it”.

So, is there insufficient demand? Does Bluetooth support cost too much? Some other reason?

Thanks …

Richard

#349235 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

> Does Bluetooth support cost too much?

bingo!

We plan to provide an alternative set of tools this summer for users that need very advanced capabilities. More info will be provided soon.

#352289 Reply

etagski

Hi, following support-michael reply on Mon May 05, 2014 7:43 pm concerning support for BlueTooth support for MobiOne developers, has there been any progress?

If so, are there any examples on how to utilise Bluetooth plug-ins in MobiOne

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: mobione bluetooth or wifi communication

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in