facebook

Mobione program does not stay alive!

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

shahin

I coded a Mobione program and installed on Android. The program has a JavaScript that activates every 2 minutes and vibrates the phone. It works well as long as the display is on, but when the display goes to sleep the activation sleeps too. I am using Navigation.viberate method. I am not sure if the method sleeps with it or the entire program goes to sleep! Any idea

#347774 Reply

Brandon

Mobione applications do not support running in the backgorund. So once the phone goes to sleep or is sent to the background anything will stop working until it is resumed.

#347775 Reply

shahin

Thanks for your answer. Do you know any workaround? or if the company is planning to add the option?

#347782 Reply

Brandon

No workaround ATM.
    You could check into the MyEclipse tools, they might do it, but not as easy to use as Mobione

#347786 Reply

shahin

I have used Eclipse, but is it easy to use Eclipse tools in MobiOne?

#347787 Reply

Brandon

No, you would have to switch platforms. Check out myeclipseide.com genuitec’s flag ship software
    Another possible option though would be to build in Mobione and then use PhoneGap build services to enhance features. Im not sure exactly what would be needed to do that but it seems possible.

#349212 Reply

rprosser

@shahin wrote:

Thanks for your answer. Do you know any workaround? or if the company is planning to add the option?

I am interested in that option too.

Richard

#349215 Reply

rprosser

@CincyPlanet wrote:

Mobione applications do not support running in the backgorund. So once the phone goes to sleep or is sent to the background anything will stop working until it is resumed.

Can a user opt to have an app run as a service? I know that can be set on the Android platform but I do not know about the user’s control of such aspects and I know even less about the iOS approach.

Rather surprisingly perhaps I do not (yet) have my own mobile ‘phone – just a Nexus tablet – but even I did I would not know about the cross-platform issues.

I realise that users may not want to have ‘background’ apps forced upon them but if they can elect to place an app in that state then that would satisfy my requirements.

Thanks …

Richard

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Mobione program does not stay alive!

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in