facebook

Multiple configuration of an application server running

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

dmailhot

Hi,

I am unable to have 2 configurations of the same application server running at the same time. Specifically, it is for JBoss app server. Within the same JBoss instance, you have mutliple container (default, minimal and all). The one you want to launched is specified via the startup parameters. I need to have the default AND the mimimal running at the same time, each one of them running different applications.

I have the JBoss server setup in the Windows Preferences. I have created 2 configurations. From that configuration pane, I can launch both. However, only the last one shows up in the Servers view… So I can’t monitor the states of each one of them.. Plus, if I stop any one of them via the console view (can’t from the server view as only one is showing up) both of them stop. Am I doing something wrong?

I run MyEclipse Enterprise 5.1.1 GA

Thanks

#271558 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The connectors weren’t designed to support this type of configuration, so what you would need to do is create Custom Luanch Configurations for both setups you want, and launch using those from the Run or Debug menus, you won’t be able to use the Servers view or Server Dropdown from the toolbar to launch JBoss because that executes the default connector configuration and you have to use the custom launch configs that you created instead.

#272465 Reply

This is a missing functionalitiy that could be really useful, especially for those used to JBossIDE.

In our case, for example, we don’t need to run 2 servers in parallel but we start one or another depending the project we have to run.

Have you planned to add this functionality in the future?

I’ve also found in MyEclipse 6.0M1 that I can “Create Launch Configuration” for JBoss server (Under Preferences –> MyEclipse –> Application Servers –> JBoss –> JBoss 4.x –> Launch). When I do this changing the -c program argument from “default” to “all”, I see The plugin starts JBoss with the “all” configuration. This is fine. But then I’m not able to find this new launch configuration anywhere… is this a bug of ME 6.0M1 or am I missing something?

thanks and keep on doing the great job you have always done,
    Federico

#272478 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This is fine. But then I’m not able to find this new launch configuration anywhere… is this a bug of ME 6.0M1 or am I missing something?

Sorry for the confusion, when you create a launch config in this manner, it’s available under your Run and Debug menus.

#273894 Reply

dmailhot

Thanks Riyad.

However, can you tell me if there is any plan to support multiple servers setup at the same time? It is pretty common for an enterprise to have multiple containers running at the same time even in development mode especially if they communicate with each others via JMS queues for instance. Currently, our problem is that we have applications running on JBoss 4.0.3 and others on 4.0.5 and we can only have one setup at a given point in time with the current restricitions in MyEclipse. JBoss IDE is providing that out of the box….

Thanks

#273905 Reply

Riyad Kalla

dmailhot,
    Using the custom launch configuration feature allows you to have multiple configurations and running servers at one time.

Did you try it out and run into a problem? Maybe I can help you with it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Multiple configuration of an application server running

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in