facebook

Multiple deployment targets break auto-update [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Brice Ruth

I have a web-module that was initially setup to only deploy to Tomcat 5 (exploded) and auto-update worked fine. I would modify a JSP, or web.xml, whatever – and the update would take place just fine. However, when I added the Tomcat 4 target (packaged archive) – the auto-update for Tomcat 5 stopped working, even though when I went into deployments, a warning icon was only displayed next to my Tomcat 4 deployment, indicating that the packaged WAR was out of date.

I believe this is a bug in MyEclipse.

Please advise.

#206651 Reply

Riyad Kalla

There is no auto-update with regard to the packaged deployments (because it could potentially be a very expensive process to recreate the WAR after every change) so I’m not surprised that your Tomcat 4 setup was out of Sync, but it is strange that it caused the deployment tool to stop auto-updating the Tomcat 5 install.

I will report this to the devs to check up on, thank you for the attention to detail.

#206865 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Well, we looked into this and it was certainly a reproducable bug. It will be fixed in the first beta of 2.8. Thanks for taking the time to isolate and report this so we could get it fixed.

#207240 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Fixed in 2.8 beta 1.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Multiple deployment targets break auto-update [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in