facebook

Multiple use of same subscription-key warning

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I run Eclipse 3.1.2 with MyEclipse 4.1.1 on Windows XP.

I get a warning that several users are using the same subscription key, although in fact I am the only user using this subscription. The warning lists a number of IP-adresses (the alleged simultaneous users), and this list contains three identical IP-addresses which all turn out to be the localhost address.

The reason for this strange behaviour might be that I’m currently running three different instances of MyEclipse (I’m working with three different projects, kept in separate workspaces.)

I assume this is a bug, as I can’t find any reason why I shouldn’t be able to run three instances of MyEclipse simultaneously on the same computer. I could of course copy all my projects into one workspace, and then run one instance of MyEclipse in three different windows, but that would obviously be unnecessarily unpractical, not to mension inherently confusing.

Am I right?

Anders.

#257287 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Anders,
    Please email subscriptions@genuitec.com with a description of your problem. It’s not actually a bug, just a safety catch in the license manager to make sure somsone doesn’t buy a single license then share the install of MyEclipse remotely to the entire office, unfortunately it also effects folks that like to run more than 2 instances simultaneously.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Multiple use of same subscription-key warning

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in