facebook

My MyEclipse 9.1 on Fedora 15 is crashing.

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi.
    I have installed MyEclipse 9.1 on Fedora 15.
    All is working very well except the editor when I put the pointer over a class name or class method. When I do this, rather get a little box showing me the definition class or method description, the IDE is going, it desapear and give me a file with the crashing details. I had attached an example of that file.
    I would like to know what I have to change in the configuration for fix this issue because is very annoying start every time that the IDE going.
    TIA.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #320517 Reply

support-joy

afplmex,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. I have escalated your issue. Our dev team member would get back to you on this.

#320529 Reply

Hi again.
    Thanks for you support.
    I have noted that in some situations this issue occurs with MySQL Workbench too. For that, I am thinking that the issue is the co-work of MyEclipse with Gnome 3 that is the desktop manager by default in Fedora 15.
    My two cents.
    Thanks again.

#320541 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

afplmex,

Sorry you ran into this issue. On some systems there is an incompatibility with the mozilla libraries (xulrunner) which are used for some of the graphics. You may be hitting this problem. Please try the following:

Open a terminal and switch to the directory in which MyEclipse is installed (probably something like /home/<user>/Genuitec/MyEclipse\ 9.1). Enter the following commands:

export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=
    ./myeclipse

If this works, you could probably set up a launcher to perform these steps or set the MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME variable to null in your .bash_profile file.

Please let us know if this works.

#320549 Reply

Hi.
    I tried the tip but it is not work. By the moment I send a bug report to Oracle too.
    Thanks for your effort.

#320563 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

afplmex,

I’m not clear on why Oracle would be involved. Are you running on VirtualBox? I tried it with Fedora 15 on VirtualBox and don’t have a problem. Could you try installing an eclipse distribution (rather than MyEclipse) and see if that shows the same problem? If so, you may get better support from the eclipse forums.

#320578 Reply

Hi Tony.
    I put a bug report on Oracle because the name of the log file is the name mentioned in the bug report Oracle’s site when the people have problems with the java plataform.
    I have running MyEclipse on Fedora 15 directly. I am not using any plataform of virtualization.
    Another situation when the IDE is going, is when I click over the Preview tab of the MyEclipse Report Design perspective. The IDE is going and the new crash log file is generated.
    I will try to find in what conditions exactly the IDE is falling.
    Greetings

#320592 Reply

I encountered that after start the IDE, if I edit a xhtml file with the Visual JSF Designer, put the pointer over the code for the tip box appear, and after that, I edit some java file, or I click the preview tag mentioned above, the issue do not occur.
    I think that is a java editor initialization issue.
    What do you think?
    There are another solution less dirty?
    Regards.

#320597 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

afplmex,

That does seem strange. As I say, I have no trouble on my installation of Fedora 15 and I don’t think the virtualization is an issue.

Could you clear the log file (in .metadata/.log, but you can clear it through the Error Log view) and restart MyEclipse, to check on any startup errors that might be recorded?

The things I would try are to use the -clean flag for one startup. See here for details: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/. If that doesn’t work, try a reinstall. The installer will ask if you want to repair the installation or to install another copy. Choose either of those.

Do you have any extra plug-ins installed?

#320618 Reply

Hi Tony.
    I tried the start up with the “-clean” parameter in the .ini file, then start MyEclipse and I get the same result, the IDE is crashing.
    I removed the “-clean” parameter of the .ini file, deleted the log file and then start up again the IDE getting the crash.
    I send you the log file resulting of the last actions.
    I will try the re-installation later.
    Regards.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #320637 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

afplmex,

Thanks for posting the log file. There isn’t anything in there that would appear to be a problem, though bundle exceptions sometimes indicate a clean being required. However, that didn’t fix it for you.

Please let us know how the re-install goes. If you still have the same trouble can you answer the question about what extra plug-ins you have installed, if any?

#320655 Reply

Hi Tony.
    I tried the re-install but does not work and I have not installed any plug-in. I do not know what is happening but by the moment I will wait for updates of the fedora, java and MyEclipse.
    In the next update of MyEclipse the ICE Faces 2 will be supported?
    Thanks for all.

#320665 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

afplmex,

Sorry we couldn’t help sort out that problem. It has been reported by another user but the first workaround I provided fixed that. I don’t know why it didn’t work for you.

Icefaces support is in 9.1. What is missing from that support?

#320984 Reply

Hi Tony.
    I uninstalled MyEclipse 9.1 and then installed MyEclipse 10 and the issue is gone.
    Thanks for your support and help.
    Bye.

#321010 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

afplmex,

I’m glad you solved your problem by installing release 10.

Thanks for posting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: My MyEclipse 9.1 on Fedora 15 is crashing.

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in