facebook

myeclipse 3.7 and eclipse 3 config issue [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

i am getting config problems with both stable version of myeclipse 3.7 and eclipse 3.0
    when i got to perpective and myeclipse i am not able see all the links for myeclipse..only 3-4 are there and those also don’t show up details.

#211287 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The stable release of MyEclipse 3.7 does not support Eclipse 3.0, we would encourage you to use MyEclipse 3.8 Beta 2 for Eclipse 3.0 compatability.

#211290 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Sandeep,

Most likely you haven’t installed the complete Eclipse 3.0 SDK, but only the platform. As a result, MyEclipse can’t find all the tooling it needs. Check the log file at <workspace>/.metadata/.log and you’ll likely see lots of exception stacks pointing to missing plugins. If that’s the case, you’ll need to download the full Eclipse SDK for your platform (about 80MB) and then install MyEclipse on it to correct the issue.

If that’s doesn’t seem to be the case, can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

#211381 Reply

Thanks so much for your replies.

I am using the full version 80 mb one of Eclipse 3.0 , that is of 26th june release.

i haven’t tried with beta version of myeclipse, as the myeclipse 3.7 says to have Eclipse 3.0 M7 and i am using advance version of that.

Exact error i get is base version of eclipse is not correct 🙁 ..

my team is in hurry to use this for project deadlines so i had to revert to Eclipse 2.1 and Myeclipse 2.7 :((.

Can you pls which stable version of eclipse and myeclipse i can use.

Thanks a lot
    Sandeep

#211386 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

i haven’t tried with beta version of myeclipse, as the myeclipse 3.7 says to have Eclipse 3.0 M7 and i am using advance version of that.

Exact error i get is base version of eclipse is not correct ..

That’s the issue. For Eclipse 3.0 Final, you need to use MyEclipse 3.8 Beta 2 as it is the only version compatible with it. 3.8 Final will be available in a few days.

#211394 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sandeep,
    In addition to what Scott said, I would say that even though 3.8 Beta 2 is a beta, its quite stable and contains a myriad of features that are not available in 3.7 that your team may find very handy. Also, our GA release of 3.8 should be out in the new couple of weeks, so if you start using Beta 2 now, upgrading to GA should be painless.

#211469 Reply

Thanks Scott and Riyad ..
    What all along i was assuming is if Myeclipse 3.7 works with Eclipse 3.0 M7 then it will work with the latest release of of Eclipse also .
    Now got the doubt cleared ..

Surely i am big admirer of Eclipse-Myeclipse intergration.Will give Myeclipse stable version a shot.

Thanks
    Sandeep

#211483 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Thank you Sandeep for the support, we hope the 3.8 GA release really blows you away.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: myeclipse 3.7 and eclipse 3 config issue [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in