facebook

MyEclipse 4.0 Beta UML not present

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dego950

I installed the Beta of MyEclipse 4.0 to check out the uML functionality. It installed without a problem on Eclipse 3.0.2 but none of the UML Menues and Buttons appear to be on my copy of Eclipse. Uninstalled and reinstalled, but still nothing for UML?

Also how will the MyEclipse version compare to Visual Paradagrim’s SDE for Eclipse?

Brad

#230718 Reply

Riyad Kalla

File > New > UML Repository, give it a name hit Finish. Does that not work?

#230731 Reply

Dego950

Ah that did it. Looked it over, promising begin to including UML in MyEclipse.

1) Do you plan to implement connectors that stick where you drop them on a use case, or actor? At the time I can see you can grab the conenctor and mov it arround. But once you let go it drops back to where it started from. Maybe you do already I will have to play with it some more. Also you should give the option to have a connector a straight line (oblique), and angled (vector points) that allow you to have elbow bends in them.

2) I see you have documentation capabilites for Use Cases. The documentation should be broken down into offial subsection of “Use Case Description” such as: Name, Use Case ID, Primary Actor (op), Secondary Actor (op), Brief Description, Preconditions, Post-Conditions, Flow of events (this would be broken down to its own su-sub sections), Alternative Flows and Exceptions.

Other than the above prety nice start.

Will the UML be in sync with the code?

#230732 Reply

Riyad Kalla

1) The UML designer is in it’s infancy right now, we are going to introduce really nice layout algorithms on par with our other designers as well as more refined controls as time passes.

2) I will pass this along, thank you.

Will the UML be in sync with the code?

Yes at the least we will sync on save, we were thinking about adding real-time syncing but every other product that does real-time syncing we’ve NEVER seen them doing it in a performant manner that didn’t eventually causing a huge GC cycle or bog down editing. Much like how our validation is tied into the build cycle (on save) we would perform the sync on save.

Comments?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 4.0 Beta UML not present

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in