facebook

MyEclipse 4.0GA and Eclipse VE [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

beming

Eclipse 3.1 release + JDK1.4.2

Yesterday, I’m using MyEclipse 4.0M3, and my Visual Editor(Eclipse’s VE) is work normally.

and today, I upgrade the MyEclipse to 4.0GA, Then the VE can’t work. and then I disable the MyEclipse, restart Eclipse, the VE work fine!

I saw the Eclipse’s log file, the error message is like that:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2005-08-30 17:08:38.687
    !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2005-08-30 17:08:38.703
    !MESSAGE java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    at org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.editorpart.JavaVisualEditorPart.init(JavaVisualEditorPart.java:256)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createSite(EditorManager.java:773)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:572)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:365)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:552)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.requestActivation(PartPane.java:239)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorPane.requestActivation(EditorPane.java:88)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setFocus(PresentablePart.java:137)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation$1.handleEvent(TabbedStackPresentation.java:92)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder.fireEvent(AbstractTabFolder.java:267)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder.fireEvent(AbstractTabFolder.java:272)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder.handleMouseDown(AbstractTabFolder.java:342)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder$3.mouseDown(AbstractTabFolder.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:133)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:843)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3080)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2713)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1699)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1663)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:367)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:103)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:226)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:163)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948)

what is the matter, can you help me๏ผŸ Thanks so much!

#236032 Reply

beming

I seach this error message by Google, and I found it in dev.eclipse.org someong also use myeclipse and meet the problem too.
    but no one answer the quesetion.

#236050 Reply

Riyad Kalla

We are looking into this.

#236116 Reply

If i remember correctly this happend before (while MyEclipse 3.x i think).
    Something about the bundled Versions of EclipseProject-Plugins, wich are not compatible to the ones, VE is build against.
    (More ore less the same, as with providing an Update-Site to 4.0 GA, i guess)

#236118 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This did happen in the past and will likely continue to happen as both projects rely heavily on some of the same libraries. We pushed hard to get the final stable releases of VE’s dependencies into ME so you guys could run it side by side though.

#236177 Reply

beming

And then, is there someting I can do to fix the problem?

Thanks.

#236198 Reply

Riyad Kalla

What is your VE Build ID? Are you using the latest stable release of VE?

#236302 Reply

David Orriss Jr
    Participant

Just an FYI.. I *just* installed VE 1.1 into the 4.0GA directory and the two are working *great* together.

Thanks for the effort in making those work, btw!!

#236303 Reply

Riyad Kalla

DaveO,
    Thank you for posting, this is helpful to others in the same situation and now have more information to help them get up and going.

#236305 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Thanks for the effort in making those work, btw!!

You’re certainly welcome! Now if we could just get your vote in the JDJ Reader’s Choice Awards, and maybe a nice writeup in your blog, we’ll be willing to call it even. ๐Ÿ˜‰

#236306 Reply

David Orriss Jr
    Participant

Vote in JDJ Readers Choice… DONE.

Blog writeup? Dude.. you’ll be wanting to hire me when I’m done… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Psst.. don’t tell the Lomboz guys this but I’m going to tear that hunk o junk apart in my blog when I do a writeup about them… God that thing is a horrible horrible joke. Better to just get the WTP and add tweaks to support newer versions of JBoss.. ๐Ÿ˜›

#236307 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Vote in JDJ Readers Choice… DONE.

They may have added us to the list after giving everyone else a two month head start, but we’re gaining now. Thanks!!

Blog writeup? Dude.. you’ll be wanting to hire me when I’m done… ๐Ÿ˜‰

So, how are you with writing documentation? We really could use some help there. We’r emuch better at building tools than at actually telling people where they are or what they do, unfortunately. That’s what your blog really needs – a really detailed and intricate MyEclipse tutorial. Yeah, that’s the ticket! ๐Ÿ˜‰

#236391 Reply

David Orriss Jr
    Participant

Scott,

Drop me a note via my contact form…

[edit: removed]

I’m going to move my blog over to my company website in the near future (I have tons of space on my company web server compared to my comcast server). Along with that I’d have room to *put* that tutorial somewhere.. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Anyway, you guys let me know an outline of what you’d like to see in a MyEclipse primer and lets see what I can do.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

#236393 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Dave,

That sounds great! I’ll forward the contact info along to our management team so they can get in touch. FYI, we already have a good amount of externally developed and hosted tutorials and they apparently generate a lot of click throughs. You can see a list of them in the External Resources portion of the Documentation section here: http://myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-67.html

Thanks again for the kind offer!

#236509 Reply

David Orriss Jr
    Participant

Scott,

Hope you don’t mind, but I removed that contact form link. I started getting direct requests for free help with stuff after I put it there… I don’t *mind* answering questions, but this one was “please give me sample code”. I’m more of a “teach a man to fish” kind of guy… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 4.0GA and Eclipse VE [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in