facebook

MyEclipse 5.0 GA JSP Validator Bug

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

morghoul

Since i have installed MyEclipse 5.0 GA, the syntax-validation of JSP don’t work like in further versions
    example:

<c:if test=”${isBudgetExceeded}”>
    <wp:formbox padding=”5″>
    some code
    </wp:formbox>
    </c:if>
    </c:if>

the jsp syntax of this code sequence is wrong, the last enclosed </c:if> tag is to much, i expect that the validator will warn me, but no warning/error is shown.

#260580 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

Also please let me know if this is a Web Project, if so, under Project Properties > MyEclipse > Web, what are the values filled in the two text fields?

#260615 Reply

morghoul

These are the installation details

*** Date: Wed Oct 18 09:34:05 CEST 2006

*** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1
    Java version=1.5.0

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 5.0 GA
    Build id: 20060805-5.0-GA

*** Eclipse details:
    Eclipse SDK

Version: 3.2.0
    Build id: M20060629-1905

Eclipse Project SDK

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m-GNq6oQq-7es-Y81

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m-AgOexn6hlEUsvBO

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m-F7snq1fxia-Z4XP

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework

Version: 3.2.0.v20060626
    Build id: 20060627-0816

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m-SVDNgVrNoh-MeGG

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m——6zXJJzJzJq

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -launcher
    D:\Programme\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    -showsplash
    -exitdata
    fec_7c
    -vm
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe

i enabled all validators in window > preferences > myeclipse > validation

these settings are not overridden in project properties, i tried also to override it in the projekt properties but it doesn’t work.

all validators work excepting the MyEclipse JSP Syntax Validator.

My first guess was: maybe my custom tags or the jsp directives causes problems in validator.

this is the body of a project page

<jsp:directive.page language=”java” session=”true” />
    <jsp:directive.include file=”/templates/taglibs.jsp”/>
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN”>
    <html:html locale=”true”>
    <wp:head/>
    <wp:body>
    —- code
    </wp:body>
    </html:html>

I tried to figure it out. For that i create a new WebProjekt with Struts Capablities under new Workspace. I also check that all validators are enabled.

I create a new JSP with a syntax error.

<%@ page language=”java” pageEncoding=”ISO-8859-1″%>

<%@ taglib uri=”/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld” prefix=”bean” %>
    <%@ taglib uri=”/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld” prefix=”html” %>
    <%@ taglib uri=”/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld” prefix=”logic” %>
    <%@ taglib uri=”/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld” prefix=”tiles” %>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN”>
    <html:html lang=”true”>
    <head>
    <html:base />
    <html:form action=””>
    <title>MyJsp.jsp</title>

<meta http-equiv=”pragma” content=”no-cache”>
    <meta http-equiv=”cache-control” content=”no-cache”>
    <meta http-equiv=”expires” content=”0″>
    <meta http-equiv=”keywords” content=”keyword1,keyword2,keyword3″>
    <meta http-equiv=”description” content=”This is my page”>
    <!–
    <link rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” href=”styles.css”>
    –>

</head>

<body>
    This a struts page. <br>
    </body>
    </html:html>

I expect following error message from validator: Missing end tag “html:form”. At first the syntax validator don’t show me any error. I tried again and when it worked. That surprised me. After that a tried again with a new JSP and than the Validator don’t work again in any JSP. That just confusing me.

I tried to force validation by right mouse click on file > myeclipse > run validation, but it seems that the validator don’t start or validate. (I Removed all validation markers at first).

Next step i looked at the workspace and eclipse log files, perhaps the validator brakes without any message for user. But in the log files exist no entries that indicate a problem in the validator or a installation problem from myeclipse.

Now i tried to install further version of eclipse 3.1 final and myeclipse 4.0M2_E3 (The Versions i used, before i install Eclipse 3.2 + MyEclipse 5.0GA.) I tried again to validate the jsp’s in the further IDE Version and in further version the validator works like i expect.

My Colleages have the same problem. Sometimes the validator works in a new WebProject, sometimes not. In our WebProject the validator don’t work.

I hope u can help me to solve the problem, maybe some settings in eclipse are wrong. For our Projekt we using JDK 1.4

#260624 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This is very strange, you checked all the right places for errors and exceptions, I appreciate you doing that.

While I cannot reproduce this problem explicitly with a test project locally (if I add an error and save it, it shows, if I remove it and save it, it is removed and so on). I did notice some bugs in our issue tracker closed against the 5.0.3 release that pertained to old or stale error markers not being updated correctly. It’s possible that all these validation issues could be resolved with the 5.0.3 release of MyEclipse on Nov 6th. If you and your team were able to wait a few weeks for that release I would encourage you to upgrade and try it out.

Additionally, something else that may cause validation to break is if you installed WTP manually yourself from the Callisto update site. MyEclipse builds on WTP and ships it with it’s install. Sometimes when users manually install WTP it will replace the version MyEclipse ships and cause some weird behavior like this. Is this possible that this is what happened?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 5.0 GA JSP Validator Bug

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in