facebook

MyEclipse 5.1.1 vs. MyEclipse 5.5.0 Milestone 1

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wagles

Am a bit confused to see MyEclipse 5.1.1 after MyEclipse 5.5.0 Milestone 1. Certainly understand that 5.1.1 is a Production release and 5.5.0 is a Dev build, but wouldn’t it have been better to have a newer Production release along the 5.5 path. Couldn’t people have directly upgraded to 5.5.x rather than to 5.1.1?

Am I wrong if it seems to me that the new features in 5.1.1 are already there in 5.5.0? 5.5.0 has been out for some time. When/what is the next planned release for 5.5.0?

Thanks

#268070 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Sorry for the confusion. The 5.1.1 release was an update of MyEclipse 5.1 to work with the mid-February Eclipse 3.2.2 release so we’d have a production release on the latest Eclipse stack as soon as possible.

Certainly understand that 5.1.1 is a Production release and 5.5.0 is a Dev build, but wouldn’t it have been better to have a newer Production release along the 5.5 path. Couldn’t people have directly upgraded to 5.5.x rather than to 5.1.1?

We can’t wait to ship a production release of MyEclipse 5.5.0, but we’re jamming in so many new features it’s just not possible yet. For example, we’re adding a visual JSF designer, support for EJB 3, facelet support, and a host of other things. All those features need to go through a little “hardening” through a milestoning process.

5.5.0 has been out for some time. When/what is the next planned release for 5.5.0?

We’ll be shipping 5.5.0M2, which should be close to “big feature complete”, in early April and 5.5.0GA at the end of April. See a preview of the EJB3 support here: http://www.jroller.com/page/myeclipseblog/20070323

Am I wrong if it seems to me that the new features in 5.1.1 are already there in 5.5.0?

Yes, 5.5.0 has all the features of 5.1.1 plus more. But 5.1.1 is a fully tested GA-quality build and 5.5.0 is still going on the process to get its new features there. However, we’ve had good feedback on 5.5.0M1 and we hope M2 goes as smoothly to get us to that GA release on time. 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 5.1.1 vs. MyEclipse 5.5.0 Milestone 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in