facebook

MyEclipse 5.5M1 Crash

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jet3723
    Participant

I’m running 5.5M1 and experienced the following:
    Days of flawless behavior followed by a sudden crash while saving a file followed by the inability to restart MyEclipse. I’m including a portion of the very large log file. If more of the log is required I can mail it to whomever might be interested. I was not knowingly performing any perforce functions at the time of this crash. The crash seems to be griping about something in the perforce UI. Any workarounds as to how to restart MyEclipse would be helpful. I appreciate your attention and i hope this helps.

eclipse.buildId=M20060921-0945
    java.version=1.5.0_06
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments:  -product com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide
    Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -product com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2007-02-13 10:25:36.657
    !MESSAGE A workspace crash was detected. The previous session did not exit normally.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-02-13 10:25:39.338
    !MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.perforce.team.ui (478).
    !STACK 0
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.core.internal.compatibility.PluginActivator.start() of bundle com.perforce.team.ui.
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1010)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:966)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:317)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:256)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.preFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:86)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:409)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:334)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:386)

Jim

#266057 Reply

Haris Peco

Jim,

What you have worked when crash is happen ? Have you had some open editor (special HTML/JSP designer) ?

Thanks,

#266080 Reply

jet3723
    Participant

I was editing a Java file and trying to save the file. I had the typical Java View open.

#266081 Reply

Haris Peco

Your log is related to starting after crash.
    Please, can you send crash log file.It is in your home directory and tsrat with hs_err_pidXXX.log (XXX is some number).

Thanks

#266082 Reply

jet3723
    Participant

Incredibly enough I really don’t have a file like this anywhere on my system.
    find ./ -name “hs*” -print yielded nothing when run from my home directory

#266085 Reply

Haris Peco

If you can start again, your only choice is that start MyEclipse in new workspace

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 5.5M1 Crash

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in