facebook

MyEclipse 9.0 Tomcat 5.x Server disabled after every restart

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

gcstang

I’m working on an older web application project and had to start using Tomcat 5.x, I’ve configured the Tomcat 5.x to be enabled and use my JDK 6.x and it all works correctly.

Now when I restart the dropdown to start the Tomcat server icon at the top say’s “No enabled servers available…”, if I click on that and disable Tomcat 5 click OK then click on “No enabled servers…” again and click enable then it’s available.

Is there a fix for this?

#317339 Reply

support-joy

gcstang,

Your issue is not clear.

Now when I restart the dropdown to start the Tomcat server icon at the top say’s “No enabled servers available…”, if I click on that and disable Tomcat 5 click OK then click on “No enabled servers…” again and click enable then it’s available.

Have you added sysdeo tomcat plugin v33 (refer – http://www.eclipsetotale.com/tomcatPlugin.html)?
    When you mention – ” restart the tomcat server icon”, do you mean the sysdeo tomcat icon? If yes, please clarify, if you have set the tomcat for sysdeo here – window > preferences > tomcat? Please note that sysdeo tomcat configuration is different than the MyEclipse tomcat configuration which is here – window > preferences > myeclipse > servers > tomcat > tomcat 5.x

If the issue you are referring is not related to sysdeo tomcat plugin, please attach screenshots to help me get a visual. Refer – https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshooting-how-to-upload-attachments-on-forum/&highlight=&sid=083e67525c6b9014e916832fb1a9bbd8 and copy and paste your installation details – https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshooting-how-to-view-the-installation-details/&highlight=&sid=083e67525c6b9014e916832fb1a9bbd8

#317346 Reply

gcstang

I’m not using the sysdeo tomcat plugin, just the stock MyEclipse one configured here : window > preferences > myeclipse > servers > tomcat > tomcat 5.x

I’ve included a quick little movie that shows my issue, this is after shutting down and starting MyEclipse 9.x 32bit
    on Windows 7 64bit
    JDK 1.6.0_25 32bit

http://screencast.com/t/BC9tRjsWF

Installation Details :

*** Date:
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 6:24:06 AM CDT

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsVista
    OS version=6.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 9.0
    Build id: 9.0-20110318

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 9.0
    Build id: 9.0-20110318

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Genuitec\MyEclipse9eOne\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Genuitec\MyEclipse9eOne\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.i18n.win32.win32.x86_3.2.0.v201103301700\eclipse_3215.dll
    -startup
    C:\Genuitec\MyEclipse9eOne\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar
    -install
    C:\Genuitec\MyEclipse9eOne
    -configuration
    C:\Genuitec\MyEclipse9eOne\configuration
    -vm
    C:\Genuitec\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

Thank you,

#317364 Reply

gcstang

Did the information I provided help ?

#317399 Reply

support-joy

gcstang,

Apologies for the late reply. I am afraid, I could not replicate your issue. Could you try the following – Open servers tab. You can click on window > show/view > servers. This should give you list of servers. Right click on Tomcat 5.x and check if you are able to run, restart and stop server using this option?

If this is an issue, please do the following –
    1. Open Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Servers > Tomcat > Tomcat 5.x and click on [Restore Default], [Apply] and [OK]
    2. Perform -clean, refer – https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/
    3. Refresh and restart the IDE
    4. Verify tomcat 5.x settings here – window > preferences > myeclipse > servers > tomcat > tomcat 5.x. Make sure it is enabled and the path .
    5. Attach a screenshot of Help > MyEclipse Configuration Center > Dashboard tab and software tab to help me get a visual as to any features are disabled / any conflicts with a third party plugin is causing this issue
    6. Clear your .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate the steps and attach the file

Let me know how this works for you.

#317402 Reply

gcstang

These steps didn’t work, I sent a PM with the images and log file

#317419 Reply

support-joy

gcstang,

I am acknowledging receipt of PM. I have escalated your issues to dev team member. They would get back to you on this.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

#317478 Reply

support-joy

gcstang,,

I am afraid, since the above workarounds did not work for you, you need to re-install MyEclipse. I would recommend you use pulse to re-install, as it is faster. Here are the steps –
    1. Open Pulse (Start > Programs > Pulse > Pulse Explorer or C:\Genuitec\Pulse Explorer\pulse-explorer.exe or download from http://www.poweredbypulse.com)
    2. Login to pulse. You can also login anonymously
    3. Select “Eclipse – Helios” realm from top left hand corner dropdown
    4. Select “MyEclipse 9.0” from “My Profiles”
    5. Right click on MyEclipse 9.0 and click on [re-install and run]
    6. This will open a wizard which will guide you through the rest of the steps.

#317574 Reply

gcstang

I have a profile I’ve built, so I right clicked on that profile in Pulse and performed the “Reinstall then Run” as you suggested and the same issue occurs.

#317596 Reply

gcstang

The Collaboration preferences created were causing this something in the Advanced preferences I changed made this happen.

I started with a new workspace and made only minimal changes then pushed those back out to the Collaboration storage and this does work however existing workspaces do not.

If I try to pull down the new preferences to fix this the workspace is still broken, this leads me to believe that the collaboration only uploads what was changed and not everything.
    Is there a way to reset all preferences for an existing workspace ?

I have only one license but the team I work with use this setup as well and it would be much easier if instead of having to rebuild their workspaces they could just reset them all.

#317611 Reply

support-joy

gcstang,

If you would like to restore default preferences, you could try this – window > preferences. Click on [Restore Defaults], [Apply] and [OK]. You mention that you have tried re-install and run and yet the issue remains. Could you try using a new workspace? File > Switch Workspace > Other and specify a different workspace.

Best.

#317616 Reply

gcstang

I will try the preferences on an existing workspace to see how it works, but creating a new workspace does work. However creating new workspaces for the teams setup will be a LOT of work, so I ‘ll checkout the preferences reset.

Thank you,

#317758 Reply

Cal Holman
    Participant

I am having the same issue – i am using an external Tomcat 7 directory. Every time i restart MyEclipse i must open the server dialog and simply open the Tomcat 7.x server make no changes and click apply. After this the server is in the list for deployment. Very frustrating – worked fine in 8.0

#317759 Reply

gcstang

@support-joy wrote:

gcstang,

If you would like to restore default preferences, you could try this – window > preferences. Click on [Restore Defaults], [Apply] and [OK]. You mention that you have tried re-install and run and yet the issue remains. Could you try using a new workspace? File > Switch Workspace > Other and specify a different workspace.

Best.

The only thing that worked was a new workspace, resetting preferences didn’t work. There has to be another way to reset all preferences without resetting the projects I’ve setup.

#317769 Reply

support-joy

gcstang,

Thank you for sharing your notes. I am afraid, we were unable to reproduce this issue at our end. If you have a reproduction script, please let me know.

holmanc,

Please switch to a new workspace and check if the issue persist.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 9.0 Tomcat 5.x Server disabled after every restart

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in