facebook

MyEclipse and PyDev or AJDT?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

nirvdrum

Hi,

Sorry if this has come up before, but since having installed MyEclipse, I can’t seem to update either AJDT or PyDev. It seems that there is a copy of the plugin in both my main eclipse plugins/ directory and in the MyEclipse installation directory. Obviously I’m a bit confused, so if anyone could please let me know why this is the case, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks.

#235668 Reply

Riyad Kalla

what are the names of the two plugins? We don’t ship AJDT or PyDev or any part of them, maybe your install got corrupted?

#235708 Reply

nirvdrum

Well, PyDev is comprised of a whole bunch of plugins, but they’re all named org.python.pydev.x_version. Same sorta deal with AJDT, with all plugins named org.eclipse.ajdt.x_version.

This is on MacOS X 10.4.2. I noticed I did not have this problem on my Windows XP computer. FWIW, I went from 4.0M2 to 4.0M3 on the Mac but started with 4.0M3 on the PC.

#235717 Reply

Riyad Kalla

That is strange, I’d say go ahead and erase those plugins from the MyEclipse install dir, we don’t ship them so they shouldn’t be in there. If this ends up breaking your setup you might want to setup a fresh install of Eclipse 3.1 and MyEclipse 4.0 GA (release will be monday if you can hold out) as a backup (or just do this instead?)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse and PyDev or AJDT?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in