facebook

MyEclipse Database explorer, Bad handshake

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

AkePe

Hi,
    I try to make my first connection to a Mysql db(with MyEclipce), I have followed the instructions here http://myeclipseide.com/enterpriseworkbench/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.doc/doc/quickstarts/dbexplorer/index.html
    every thing worked fine as far as I can see, but when I try to make a connection I get the following error after a while: “Error while trying to login to database : Communication link failur: Bad handshake”
    Whats wrong ?

Eclipce Version: 3.1.0
    Build id: 200412162000

MyEclipse Version: 3.8.4
    Build id: 200501171200-3.8.4

Thankyou

#227939 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Eclipce Version: 3.1.0
    Build id: 200412162000

What was the name of the file you used to install this version of Eclipse?

MyEclipse Version: 3.8.4
    Build id: 200501171200-3.8.4

Please tell me the version of ME from the Window > Preferences > MyEclipse page.

#227947 Reply

AkePe

The ME version are 3.8.4+QF2-BetaFor3.1

#227948 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I still need to the Eclipse file name.

#227962 Reply

AkePe

Sorry I missed first q.
    The File name is eclipse-SDK-3.1M4-win32.zip (92 221Kb) and the OS in my compter is WindowsXP prof. and
    MySQL is ver 4.1.9-pro
    BR Ake

#227963 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Driver version/name? Are you using the Connector/J driver? Trying using the GA release, not an alpha or beta release… I’ve never seen this problem before (handshake).

Is MySQL installed on your local computer or on some other machine? Is it a default install or have you gone and setup user accounts and messed with the perms and such?

#227965 Reply

AkePe

The driver is mysql-connector-java-3.1.6-bin.jar and I have this to work earlyer on a nother computer when I was testing ME, unfortunatly have I deleted everything in that install on that computer and I am not sure that it is the same version of Eclipse or ME ! Sometimes it is litlebit difficult to match version of ME and E, may be I should do a reinstall if you point out where to get matching versions, or when is ME ver 4 comming?

-Ake

#227966 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ake,
    I would definately suggest trying do a new install of Eclipse 3.0.2 and MyEclipse 3.8.4 STABLE for Eclipse 3.0.x, this will minimize any problems.

If you *need* Eclipse 3.1 for the JDK 5.0 compatibility, then please wait later this week we will be releasing a version of MyEclipse 3.8.4 BETA that will support Eclipse 3.1M6, it is in testing right now.

#227967 Reply

AkePe

I am using JDK1.5.0_01 may bee that is the problem ?

-Ake

#227968 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Could be, try JDK 1.4.2_08 for the most stable solution.

#228058 Reply

AkePe

Hi again,

Not much progress!

now I Get this:

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer 4 4 2005-04-14 12:42:01.226
    !MESSAGE Error while trying to login to database
    !STACK 0
    java.sql.SQLException: Communication link failure: java.io.IOException, underlying cause: Unexpected end of input stream

** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION **

java.io.IOException

STACKTRACE:

java.io.IOException: Unexpected end of input stream
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.readPacket(MysqlIO.java:1080)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:619)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:1532)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:486)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:326)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDriverManager.getConnection(SQLDriverManager.java:99)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.actions.LoginProgress$A.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

** END NESTED EXCEPTION **

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:692)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:1532)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:486)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:326)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDriverManager.getConnection(SQLDriverManager.java:99)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.actions.LoginProgress$A.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Using JRE from j2sdk_1_4_2_08-windows-i586-p.exe
    Eclipse eclipse-SDK-3.1M6-win32.zip and EnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_030804_3.1M6Beta.exe

Clean install of Eclipse and ME and checked that JAVA_HOME pointing to the right JRE, also updated
    to mysql driver mysql-connector-java-com-3.1.7-bin.jar.
    The DB (on lockalhost) is working fine with other programs (not java).
    -Ake

#228067 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ake,
    This is getting really strange I am asking someone else to help me look into this because I cannot reproduce this to save my life.

#228119 Reply

AkePe

Now it works!!!
    The problem was that mysql-connector did’nt like jdk1.5.0xx, as I have when I installed Eclipse and ME I did not find any way to get Eclipse to use the later installed jre 1.4.2_08 so I uninstall ME and E and jdk1.5.0 and its updates. Reinstall E and ME configured DB explorer, and now it runs fine.
    -Ake

#228121 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Go figure… well I’m glad it worked, and thank you for posting your solution for others!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse Database explorer, Bad handshake

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in