facebook

myeclipse deprecates html5 is mobione html5?

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cpmac61

if I understand correctly, mobione is based on html5. I’ve just installed Myeclipse and read he following.
    If you are using MyEclipse 2014 GA, you can continue to create HTML5 Mobile Apps and preview them in the simulator. However, you will no longer be able to build native apps from your projects.

MyEclipse 2015 and future versions of MyEclipse will not allow you to create HTML5 Mobile Apps.

does this mean that from end of jan 2015 you can’t build a MObione project, even through Myeclipse?

#353081 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

As I understand it you will still be able to build apps in MobiOne if you wish after Jan 1st the software will not suddenly stop working but after you have created the application files (www folder) you will need to migrate this to to ME15 CI to build native apps with phonegap. I have almost figured it all out.
    https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/learning-center/mobile/mobione-apps-myeclipse/

#353082 Reply

Stickleback is correct.

Mobione will continue to work minus the App Center Builder. You can use MyEclipse to build the binaries for the app stores.

The deprecated HTML5 app is the project wizard in MyEclipse, which is changed to the newer and more powerful PhoneGap Application Project. As these are HTML5 based as well I can see the confusion.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: myeclipse deprecates html5 is mobione html5?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in