facebook

MyEclipse for Spring update: 8.5-8.6, now disabled

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ben Michaud
    Participant

I used configuration manager to update MyEclipse for Spring from 8.5 to 8.6, install required updates, remove a couple of ICEfaces plug-ins. After I applied these changes, I then restored the MyEclipse ICEfaces support, which I had removed previously due to training requirements. Now MyEclipse will not start up. I get the splash screen, then an error dialog that says:
    “An error has occurred. See the log file: ${user.home}/Workspaces/MyEclipse for Spring 8.6/.metadata/.log”

The log file entry is as follows every time I try to start the IDE:

!SESSION 2010-08-09 09:39:19.144 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.6.0_13
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.app 0 0 2010-08-09 09:39:20.347
    !MESSAGE Product com.skyway.myeclipseforspring.product could not be found.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-08-09 09:39:24.410
    !MESSAGE Application error
    !STACK 1
    java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:236)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2010-08-09 09:39:26.050
    !MESSAGE The following is a complete list of bundles which are not resolved, see the prior log entry for the root cause if it exists:
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2010-08-09 09:39:26.050
    !MESSAGE Bundle com.genuitec.custom.popup_8.6.0.me201007292038 [1192] was not resolved.
    !MESSAGE Bundle com.skyway.integration.java.spring.codetomodel.ui_7.0.1.201007201747 [1310] was not resolved.

I have Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3

#310445 Reply

Ben,
    I would recommend you to do a reinstall and run from pulse.
    the following are the steps –
    1. Download pulse from http://www.poweredbypulse.com
    2. Open pulse explorer and select “Eclipse Galileo” in the top left corner.
    3. You profile should be listed under “My profiles”. Select it, right click on it and from the context menu select “Re install and Run”
    Do you have flash builder pulgin installed? In that case, I would recommend you to go through the following link –
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/upgrading-to-myeclipse-for-spring-8-6-with-flash-builder/

Let me know if that helps.

#310466 Reply

Ben Michaud
    Participant

After I posted this error, I actually did do a re-install of MyEclipse for Spring 8.6 from pulse. Then, it seemed to work fine all day. (My previous IDE install was MyEclipse 8.5 for Spring using Pulse, which was upgraded to 8.6 using the configuration manager inside MyEclipse.)

However, today I tried to start the IDE up again, and I am getting the same error dialog. The error in the .log file is now as follows:

!SESSION 2010-08-10 09:14:31.012 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.6.0_13
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.app 0 0 2010-08-10 09:14:46.652
    !MESSAGE Product com.skyway.myeclipseforspring.product could not be found.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-08-10 09:15:27.495
    !MESSAGE Application error
    !STACK 1
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:236)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2010-08-10 09:15:31.323
    !MESSAGE The following is a complete list of bundles which are not resolved, see the prior log entry for the root cause if it exists:
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2010-08-10 09:15:31.323
    !MESSAGE Bundle com.genuitec.custom.popup_8.6.0.me201007292038 [1192] was not resolved.
    !MESSAGE Bundle com.skyway.integration.java.spring.codetomodel.ui_7.0.1.201007201747 [1310] was not resolved.
    !MESSAGE Bundle com.skyway.myeclipseforspring_7.0.1.201007201747 [1316] was not resolved.
    !SUBENTRY 2 com.skyway.myeclipseforspring 2 0 2010-08-10 09:15:31.323
    !MESSAGE Missing required bundle com.skyway.integration.java.spring.codetomodel.ui_0.0.0.
    !MESSAGE Bundle com.skyway.myeclipseforspring.factories_1.0.0.201007201747 [1317] was not resolved.
    !SUBENTRY 2 com.skyway.myeclipseforspring.factories 2 0 2010-08-10 09:15:31.323
    !MESSAGE Missing required bundle com.skyway.myeclipseforspring_0.0.0.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-08-10 09:15:32.667
    !MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.genuitec.pulse2.client.targetcfg.ui (1288).
    !STACK 0
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The state indicates the bundle is resolved
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolutionFailureException(AbstractBundle.java:1296)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:309)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:280)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:408)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:449)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:211)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:381)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:457)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:398)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
    at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.targetcfg.ui.jobs.InitializeTargetCfgJob.waitForInitialization(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.targetcfg.ui.jobs.InitializeTargetCfgJob.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-08-10 09:15:32.667
    !MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.equinox.common (600).
    !STACK 0
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The state indicates the bundle is resolved
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolutionFailureException(AbstractBundle.java:1296)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:309)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:280)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:408)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:449)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:211)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:381)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:33)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:454)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:398)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:74)

I did not install a flash builder plug-in. The only modification I did was a plug-in to IBM Rational Synergy (a CM tool), which was working for many months on this IDE before the 8.6 upgrade.

Thanks for the reply.

#310467 Reply

Ben Michaud
    Participant

I just successfully did a re-install and run from Pulse. The IDE is running again. Perhaps you could help me avoid having to re-install every day? 🙂

#310491 Reply

Ben,

This can be caused when the .ini file is missing or when there are multiple instances of .ini files.
    Can you clarify if you have any earlier versions of MyEclipse that you have un-installed?
    In that case, please make sure those instances are completely removed. You may have to delete the folders manually if needed.
    Also, can you copy paste your version and build id from Help > MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

#310500 Reply

Ben Michaud
    Participant

Hi, Shalini.
    @support-shalini wrote:

Ben,
    This can be caused when the .ini file is missing or when there are multiple instances of .ini files.
    Can you clarify if you have any earlier versions of MyEclipse that you have un-installed?

To my knowledge, I have not un-installed any MyEclipse versions on this PC. All my installations are profiles managed in the Pulse installation area. I did notice, however, that in the default workspaces directory in my profile directory, there was a “MyEclipse for Spring 8.6” area before I installed that version directly. When I got my first errors with version 8.5 (after upgrading to 8.6 within the 8.5 profile), that was where the .log file was.

In that case, please make sure those instances are completely removed. You may have to delete the folders manually if needed.

What directories would I be removing if that were the case?

Also, can you copy paste your version and build id from Help > MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Here is the information from <b>Help > About MyEclipse for Spring</b>:

MyEclipse for Spring

Version: 8.6.0

(c) Copyright Genuitec, L.L.C. 2000-2010.  All rights reserved.
    Visit http://www.myeclipseide.com/

This product includes software developed by the following
    Skyway Software http://www.skywaysoftware.com
    Eclipse Foundation http://www.eclipse.org/
    Apache Software Foundation http://www.apache.org/

Do you need the information from the <b>Installation Details > Configuration</b> tab?

By the way, I started up 8.6 this morning without any problems, so it appears to be happier. I’m not sure how long it will stay happy, though, because it seemed to be working the day before yesterday as well, and I had to re-install yesterday.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse for Spring update: 8.5-8.6, now disabled

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in